𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕.

Rhegan Clarke

Rhegan Clarke

"Is there anything that I can get for you Miss. Clarke?" The stewardess asked once I got settled into my seat.

" Just water, please," I say and grab my tote, digging around it to find my pill case that had the words 'happy pills' inscribed on it.

After popping one into my mouth and swallowing it down, I took out the breakfast that Coscina, my fathers chef, had prepared for me before I left this morning. As I ate, I pulled out my laptop and decided to finish up my homework that I had over the weekend in order to have as much time with Dominic as possible.

He didn't know that I was coming.

It was my turn to surprise him.

In order to keep it a surprise, I lied to him and told him that I would be swamped with studying in case I didn't answer his calls.

Carson and Kyler were in on it.

They made sure to keep him busy and out of the apartment when I arrived. They even left a spare key under the rug for me to get into their place while they spent the morning distracting him.

They had a home game tonight which I would be attending and then an away game on Sunday, which I would also be attending with Sade. Hopefully in the midst of all the games, Dominic and I would be able to sneak in a date night.

Before the plane landed, I went into the bathroom and checked her out of my sweats and into a crisp white fitted t-shirt, olive green flared pants, and a pair of air forces. My face was clean of makeup except for lip liner and gloss. I left my hair in its neat and slicked bun before exiting the bathroom with my carry in tote in hand and returned to my seat.

When the plane lands, I make sure to remind the pilot that Sade will need the plane for Sunday morning before departing. A driver stands in front of the back door of a sleek black range rover as my bags get loaded into the trunk.

Adjusting the straps of my Goyard tote, I stepped down the stairs and entered the car. " Good evening Miss. Clarke. Did you have a nice flight?" The young driver greeted me as I checked my appearance in my compact mirror.

" Yes I did Jonathan. Thanks for asking," I eye him through the rearview mirror, watching as a blush flushes over his pale cheeks. How adorable.

As we approached Dominic's building, I shot Carson a quick text, letting him know that I'd arrived. Jonathan opened my door and took the awaiting tip from my hands after I took my luggage from his.

" Have a nice day, Jonathan."

" Y-you too, Miss. Clarke," he stammers just as I enter the elevator; the doors closing quickly behind me.

Turning around, I pressed the single button that rested above all the others and checked my appearance through the glass walls. I applied a fresh layer of lip gloss and cleaned the edges of my lips with my middle finger.