𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗.

'' Ice!'' I sat down on the edge of the bed, patting the empty spot beside me as she came to the bathroom door

She was only dressed in her underwear, her hair was up in a messy ponytail and green eye patches were placed under her eyes. I smirked at the sight of those stupid ass bunny slippers that she insisted on wearing and taking wherever she went.

'' What's up?'' She sauntered over to me, ignoring the spot that I patted and sat down in my lap instead.

Her arms wrapped around my neck, sending a whiff of her perfume up my nose as she snuggled into me. Her scent was just as addictive as everything else about her...

Her whole existence was driving me clinically insane.

For years she had been a plague on my mind. For years I'd never wanted a serious, committed relationship with anyone until Rhegan. For years I waited. For years I wondered if our connection would still be there in one way or another.

I didn't expect her to forget me as a whole though.

I could have never forgotten about the girl wearing the Twilight Sparkle shirt with the purple converse and purple glitter strands in her hair.

And sometimes if you looked hard enough, that little girl was still inside of her somewhere.

Like when she wore those ridiculous ass bunny slippers. Or when her eyes light up like the New York Times Christmas tree when that Starface brand dropped cartoon character inspired pimple patches and cases.

She brought the entire Sesame Street collection

Thirty-two patches came in a pack...

That's one hundred and twenty-eight pimple patches for someone who doesn't get so much as a blemish on her face due to the amount of facials she gets.

I just think she wears them as an excuse to have a cute sticker on her face.

And it was during these moments when she wasn't being stubborn, when she wasn't being a bitch to someone who deserved it, and when she wasn't masking her goofy and true self from the world did I see the girl who played with the bratz dolls by herself on the bench.

Whenever she wore purple I had to keep myself from grinning like a fucking idiot. Purple would always be my favorite color like a twinkie would be my favorite guilty pleasure snack.

Rhegan grabbing my cheeks and placing her birthday cake flavored lips against my carmex covered lips brought me out of my reminiscent state, reminding me of why I called her back into the room before I had to leave for the stadium.

We needed a thing.

A thing that could be my good luck charm before my games.

Carson had his good luck kisses from Ayanna.