Punching And Memories

~ATHENA POV~

I let out a frustrated scream as I punched my wall over and over again. I quickly grabbed my bag and stuffed clothes into it. I snatched my phone and turned it off. I locked my door, shoved pillows under my blanket and climbed out through my window.

I quickly crawled off the roof and ran down the block. I ran down to the dojo, which was unlocked and threw my bag down. I didn't bother seeing if Sensei or anyone else was here. I slipped off my shoes and socks before walking over to a dummy.

I gave a grunt as I punched the dummy a few times. 

'Wake up and smell the coffee Ms LaRusso!' a heard Terry's voice say in my head.

I groaned as I punched a wooden bored. I kept punching and punching until Terry said I was done. I watched as blood poured down my hand. It barley stung, it was only numb. I looked up at Terry who smirked down at me.

'Does it hurt?'

I shook my head as Terry grabbed my hand. He wiped all the blood off before wrapping it up.

'We can continue tomorrow, we'll work on your kicks'

I punched the dummy harder then before, it was starting to dent.

'Is that what you call a kick?'

I had spun and kicked and the punching bag swung a bit. I nodded confused.

'Its weak, you are not weak'

I looked down and I jumped at the thud the came from beside me.

'You look up, not down. Your opponent will take that as a sign of weakness'

I nodded as I kept practicing my kicking, until Terry thought it was perfect.

By now the dummy had been shook up by my kicks. I was yelling at this point, my throat going sore. I kept punching and punching and punching. I gave one final yell with a final hard punch before I fell to my knees breathing heavily.

"Athena," I heard someone say.

I didn't turn around to see Sensei. I knew Miguel was with him. I saw the dummy was torn up and dented all over. I felt someone place their hand on my. I was tempted to flip them over, but didn't. They bent down to my height and I turned slightly and saw Miguel.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I shook my head as I leaned my head on his shoulder and cried for the first time since Mr Miyagi died.