The Silver Bullet

~ATHENA POV~

I stood nervously in the building, pacing. I was nervous and sore. Plus, I had had another run in with Tilly this morning before I had come here. She seemed awful smug, more so then usual. I finally saw Dad and Johnny walk in with another man I had never seen before. I stood blank face next to Rider, but I could see Sam trying to catch my eye. I ignored her though and gave Kenny a reassuring look.

"May Eli Moskowitz and Kenny Payne take the mat." Silver clapped Kenny on the back and I clapped for him.

"Face me." The ref said. "Bow. Face each other. Bow. Ready. Fight!"

Kenny was reckless when he began, but slowly, he got clean and flawless. Eli tried to block, but Kenny was much faster then he was. Kenny punched him in the stomach, earning a point.

"Point 1-0, Payne." The ref said. "Ready? Fight!"

Kenny threw a kick, and Eli dodged. Eli threw one of his own, which Kenny dodged quickly. Eli advanced on the younger boy, and kicked him. After he had kicked him, Kenny had stepped out of bounds to try to steady himself.

"Out of bounds! No point!"

Cobra Kai cheered, but my face dropped.

~SAM POV~

I saw Athena's face drop when the ref shouted that. I felt a tiny bit of relief fill me, hoping that she was finally coming to her sense's. I saw her look up at Silver, a look of horrible realization coming over her face as she looked over at Tory. The blonde nodded to my sister and Athena's face dropped even more.

"Ref, that's horseshit!" I heard Johnny yell. "He made contact in bounds!"

"No point! Back on the line." The ref gave Johnny a look. "Ready? Fight!"

Kenny advanced and he kicked but Eli blocked. He caught his fist and pushed Kenny back and kicked. Kenny grabbed his leg, and dug his elbow deep into the back of his knee, pushing it in. Athena and I both flinched and looked away. I felt guilt flood me as I remembered when I dislocated Athena's knee.

"Illegal strike! That's a warning!"

Eli fell with a groan, but stood back up and limped to us, giving the time-out sign.

"Warning?" Dad asked in disbelief. "He should be disqualified."

"Turn and kneel." The ref told Kenny.

He did so and I studied Athena as she stiffened as Silver clamped his hand on her shoulder. I barley heard Eli say he was uncaging the Hawk, as I looked at my little sister's face. My eyes glanced over at Rider's, and I squinted at his smug face. He kept looking towards the doorway, as if waiting for someone.

"Back on the line." I heard the ref say. 

Both boys death stared each other. I watched as Kenny flicked his hands out, and Athena's face turned pale. Her eyes widened, and she seemed to be holding herself back from stopping Kenny.

"Ready? Fight!"

Hawk threw a punch, which Kenny blocked and shoved his fist into Eli's ribs. I heard a crack, and Eli dropped to the ground.

"Point! 2-0, Payne!"

Eli began gasping for air and Johnny rushed over. "Hawk, what's wrong?"

"I can't-I can't-b-breath."

"Can you continue?"

Eli kept trying to get up, but he couldn't. "Where's the medic?"

"That's a forfeit. Winner, Payne!"

Kenny looked down at Hawk, as he laid helplessly on the ground. "Looks like you've got a new name. Faux-Hawk."

All the Cobra's but Athena laughed. Athena looked disappointed actually. Finally, they got Hawk up and off the mat.

"We begin with our girl's fight. Samantha LaRusso and Athena LaRusso. Please take the mat."

I walked to the mat, but when I looked over at Athena, she was gone.