Balance

~ATHENA POV~

I stood at the end of the boat, with my arms out.

"Alright, I'm balancing, can I get down now?" I asked quickly as the boat shook a little.

Dad just shook his head in response. Johnny, Sam, Robby, Eli, Demitri and Miguel were all at shore watching as I stood on the boat. "You need to practice balance."

"Oh right," I hissed. "Cause this is perfectly normal."

Dad didn't say anything, but I heard Johnny yell, "If you jump off do a flip!"

"Dad!" I heard Robby snap.

I turned and glared at him, and nearly lost my balance. 

"Focus," Dad said.

I rolled my eyes, but focused. It was actually quite relaxing, and eventually Dad had told me to do wax on, wax off.

 It was actually quite relaxing, and eventually Dad had told me to do wax on, wax off

I looked at Dad with a smile on my face. He had a a smile on his face as well, but his eyes held a mischievous look. I continued with the moves, having balance.

"Look, I did it." I smiled. "Can we go back know?"

"Not quite yet," Dad smiled.

Suddenly, the boat began to rock back and forth, and I panicked as Dad shook it.

"No, no, no!" I squealed. "Dad, don't!"

It was no use, and I soon felt myself submerge into the cold water.

I shot up with a gasp, climbing up into the boat as Dad and the others laughed hysterically

"Athena, you're all wet behind the ears." Dad laughed.

"What is wrong with you!?" I demanded shaking. "Why would you do that!?"

Dad didn't answer because he was laughing so hard. I shook and turned to look at the shore and saw everyone dying of laughter as well. "Can we go back up to shore now?"

Dad nodded with a laugh. He rowed us to the shore and I shivered as I wrapped my arms around myself. I glanced at everyone, and it felt nice for everyone to be happy around me instead of scared or anger. But I was still fucking cold.