It's All Your Fault!

~DANIEL POV~

I stood in front of my little sister, both of our faces were red with anger. I don't even remember how we ended up in this situation, but the two of us had been screaming at one another for nearly ten minutes.

"He's fucking using you!" I snapped. "Why can't you see that?"

"Because you've never fucking cared!" Suzanne yelled back. "Why the hell do you suddenly care now?"

I groaned, running a hand through my hair. Why was she so fucking stubborn.

"I did care!" I yelled back. "I still do! You were always the one who acted like a fucking bitch all the damn time! I tried to defend you against Ma, against bullies, against the world! But it was you who wanted nothing to do with me! Every attempt I made, you just ignored it. I tried so damn hard with the same reaction. So why wouldn't I just give up?"

Suzanne said nothing more, but turned on her heal and stormed away. But I wasn't done. I wanted to know why she acted this way.

"Why do you shut me out?" I asked.

"Enough, Daniel." She growled.

"No, why do you shut me? Why do you shut the world out. What are you so afraid of?"

"I said enough!" She yelled.

Suzanne whipped around and kicked out at me. I dodged, and she kept coming. She could fight all she wanted to, but at the end of the day, we both knew I was stronger. Though her kicks did hurt like hell. I managed to shove her away from me, and when I did I said, "I just want to know why you hate me!"

"Because you killed Dad!"

I stopped and so did Suzanne. We both stood in silence as I waited for her to continue. "You took him away from me. Sure he had his moments, but I loved him."

"How did I kill Dad?" I asked, a lump forming in my throat.

"You were at a friends house." She said. "And you were supposed to have him bring you home, but you decided last minute that Dad could just come pick you up. So he left, and he promised me he would come back home and play with me. But thanks to you he never did. He died in that car crash because you made him come get you! It's all your fault!"

My face was pale, and the lump in my throat grew bigger. Suzanne said no more and she stormed off. I felt awful and guilty. Had it really been my fault?