Unfocused

~DANIEL POV~

I opened the bathroom door and saw Athena standing at the sink, the mirror shattered in front of her. Her figure was shaking and her knuckles were white as she clenched the sink tightly in her hands.

"Athena, what happened?" I asked quietly, taking a step forward.

Athena furrowed her eyebrows, as if she were thinking hard about the question. "I...I'm not sure."

I glanced between her, the mirror, and her bloody knuckles and I knew she punched it. I gently walked towards her, and pried her fingers off the sink.

"Athena, did you punch it?"

Athena looked at me, unfocused. "Did I?"

I nodded slightly, turning the sink on. "I'm going to rinse your hand off now, alright?"

Athena nodded, completely out of it. I gently ran her hand under the water, grabbing a wash cloth and wiping the blood off her hand.

"You know, Athena, If you're not doing okay, you can tell me."

Athena tried to focus her unfocused eyes on me. She nodded, though she didn't seem sure. "Right."

I felt the uneasy feeling deepen in my stomach. "How about we get you to bed? You seem tired?"

Athena didn't even acknowledge me this time. She just looked to the spot next to my head as she let me drag her out. We passed Anthony's room, and he stood up with a smile.

"Hey, Athena! Owen and Jace are coming over! They want to see you, saying they haven't seen you in forever."

Athena turned to Anthony, and tried for a smile. Anthony's smile dimmed a bit, but he kept it up for the sake of his sister.

"Why don't you watch for them, and let us know when they're here?"

Anthony nodded and headed downstairs. I brought Athena to her room, and sighed as she sat on her bed with a blank look. Hopefully her friends would be able to see what was wrong with her.

A/N: Not me having forgot about Owen and Jace Copperfield. But I'm bringing them back! But I hope you guys are enjoying this book and what I've done I'm with it!