Dreaded words

Sitara's pov

Rubbing my 4 months pregnant tummy, I was thinking about what to eat for dinner. My cravings are getting more weird, today afternoon mamma made rice and chicken curry, which is one of my favourite dishes but when I sat to eat, the sight of chicken made me to run like an athlete for vomiting everything, whichever my stomach had. I was afraid that my inner organs would pop-out with my puking speed. Thankfully it didn't happen. Before vomiting I had Himalayan hunger, that I would swallow a whole plate with anything in it. But after vomiting I didn't even had an ounce of hunger. I refused to eat or drink anything after that small episode.

now I want to eat that chicken curry and rice. Argggghhhhhh, my mood swings.

'your baby will be a picky eater like you and you both are going to give hard time for everyone around you while its time for food' my inner self blessed me but I didn't get offended by her sarcastic comment. Why would I? Ofcourse my baby would be like me.

'I wish, God gives you a baby like Arjun in every aspect, so that you have to deal with two Arjun irrespective of the gender' I wanted to shut my inner self as it gives nothing but irritating vibes now a days.

I don't feel good, from yesterday evening I feel like something not good is going to happen. I know the culprit for these bad thoughts, pregnancy hormones.

'May be after a day or two I will be back to normal' I thought to myself while I was waiting for Arjun to reach home after finishing his meeting regarding our new business idea.

All of a sudden, sharp pain radiated from my lower abdomen. I held the belly and slowly turned to my side to ease the pain. It wasn't reducing. Abdominal pains are common in pregnancy as the uterus makes room for the growing fetus. But it usually happens in first trimester.  I couldn't hold up the tears, I layed there for few mins, hoping that the pain will go away on its own like how it came.

Constant pain started to hit like abdominal cramps. I couldn't think of anything else other than pure pain at that time. I prayed god to send mamma  inside the room because I couldn't do anything other than crying in pain. I wanted to pee urgently. After trying for numerous times, I realised that my attempts to get up from the bed was nothing but waste of energy. I couldn't move up legs. It appeared like a truck ran over me. I felt pain throughout my body, and my body was burning up I guess. Even lifting my hands seemed to be a tough job. I have to take my mobile immediately, inorder to call mamma or my mom to ask what was happening with me.

Though I wanted to  scream in pain, a part of me was refraining from doing that because I don't want to be seemed like a cry baby. As I would be a mother in few more months, I should be strong enough to handle the labor pain. Compared to labor, this pain was less, I guess. 'Be strong Situ, you can handle this' I told myself.

All of a sudden water rushed out of me making me to sob in disgrace. I peed myself in my pants. That was the least thing I was expecting to happen on that day. Shit! I should have tried hard to get up from the bed for urinating. Pregnancy is not an excuse for peeing myself. I noticed that the flow wasn't constant like urinating.

At first I thought I was peeing myself because of controlling the urge to urinate for sometime. But when my pants got so much wet and also due to lack of urinating sense, I came to a conclusion that  it's some unknown vaginal discharge. Is this also common in pregnancy, I asked myself. 

After struggling for few more minutes, I was able to get my mobile and I called mamma. She didn't pick my call and then I remembered that mamma has gone to temple for some special prayer arranged by her friends. She wanted me to join her, but because of nausea she told me to take rest and left for temple. I controlled my tears and called my mom. 

Pain was getting more intense and I hoped my mom was in the house and would pick my call immediately. Thank god, my mom picked the call within two rings, 'Maa' I moaned in pain and she started panicking.

'Situ what happened, your voice is not good. Anything wrong there? Do you feel pain anywhere? ' she asked in a rush.

'Maa my abdomen is paining so much. Soo-something like water is leaking maa. Am af-afraid' I stammered and the water works which I was controlling for more time broke out. I sobbed to her uncontrollably.

'situ, situ don't cry. Soon you will be alright. Where is Arjun and mamma' she asked.

'Maa you come soon. I want you.. Arjun is in important meeting and mamma, pappa went for temple' I spoke, more like moaned in pain.

'Ok ok don't cry dear I will be there in few mins'  when my mom was telling that, my  bed spread started to get wet. I looked down at the wet spot, I was struck.

'situuuu what happened speak to me'

'situ'

'helloo situ'

My mom was calling my name repeatedly but I couldn't tell anything. I tried to tell her what I saw, nothing came out of my mouth other than sobs. My Room started to spin when my mind told the most possible reason of these symptoms.

'why should it happen, what will I tell to everyone, I didn't do anything, then how, I eat well, I do my exercises well,they why'

I want Arjun, I want my mom, I want everything to get back to normal. 

I hoped that it would be a nightmare but no. I told the most dreaded words which stung more than anything else.

'ma I am bleeding'

*********************************

Hi friends

Thank you for your patience and confidence in me.

Please do read and let me know your views. And I am writing a chapter after two years so I didn't get my usual flow. So please tell me whether you like it or not, good or bad, whatever you feel.

Thanks for reading

Regards

Siyasarasaga