Miscarriage?

Arjun's pov

No one can understand this girls. Especially we can't understand their mood swings when the are in their periods or when they are pregnant. My wife is no different from them or to say that better I am no different from all those poor husbands' who pull out their hairs in frustration.

With an exhausted sigh, I looked at my phone hoping that, this time Situ would attend my call. I couldn't attend her call twice because I was in an important meeting regarding our new machinery purchase quotation. From the moment meeting got over, I am trying to speak with Situ. But she isn't picking up my calls. What's wrong with her.

Two days ago when I got back home there was a big commotion going on. My mom, dad and also Situ's parents were there. Situ was crying uncontrollably.  I stood outside for a minute to look into the situation. I couldn't guess what was happening there. I understood only one thing that they all were trying to console Situ. She was crying like someone hit her.  None will do that, so I thought it should be a big matter that made her to cry like that.

I went inside and stood in front of everyone with a confused look. Everybody spared me a look and their reactions was enough for me to tell that I was the accused person. I prepared myself for the worst and went near the person who was crying like the world was about to end.

'situ what happened? Why are you crying?' I asked her placing my palm on her shoulder. She pushed my hand away and glared at me with anger spilling eyes.

'mamma what's the problem? Why is she angry at me?' I asked to my mother who seemed to be little less angry.

'you're the problem Arjun? You don't know how to speak, how to behave and how to keep her happy, you know nothing' she ranted without taking a breathing break.

'mamma I didn't do anything that will make her this much upset. I swear, believe me' I told her after remembering the previous day's happenings.

'then what made her think like that'  my dad asked me.

'think like what? Please someone tell me what happened before you all decided that  I am the culprit' I said  more frustrated.

'Arjun I will explain you, please come here'  like always Situ's mom was my savior.

I went and sat near Situ's mom. I was relieved to know that She wasn't angry on me, but on her daughter. I asked her what happened earlier that day.

'situ called me an hour ago and said that you people don't like or love her anymore. You aren't speaking with her like you always do. Your mom and dad only like the baby more, not her.' aunty said with a sigh. I couldn't even guess a thing which made Situ think like this. None of us treat her like that.

'Aunty, that's not true' I told aunty, who was calmly looking at me.

'Arjun you don't have to explain that to me. I know how well you all take care of her. Please wait I will tell everything, what she told me over phone. Situ thinks that she has become less important to you all since she got pregnant. She is sure that you all love her only because she is pregnant. Once she delivers the baby, you people would go behind the baby and won't give any importance to her. And especially she told me to come and take her home.' Aunty said with a smile.

'Aunty seriously I swear, Neither me nor them did anything that would make her think like this. Still I don't know why is she thinking like this' I told sincerely.

'Arjun believe me, a week back when both were staying there, she came to me and said that I don't love her anymore and also Nowadays I only love the baby more than her. Same goes for her dad too. At first I was shocked and her dad was about to cry. I didn't know what we both did. Later I realised that it was all for making her favourite dish. So you think of something smaller' aunty's words made me think so hard of the previous day's happenings.

Suddenly I remembered a situation which will sync with the happenings. Yesterday evening  we both were lying down in the balcony watching the stars when Situ asked me which baby do I like to have. I told her that I want a baby girl. She again asked why do I want a baby girl.

I teased her by saying that I want a baby girl because girls will grew more attached towards dads' and so I will have a partner in crime all time. She didn't say anything after hearing this. I layed quiet for sometime hoping that my fierce Situ will come up with a savage reply. Instead of savage, I heard sniffing sound.

"Situ why are you crying what happened" I asked in panic.

"You don't love me anymore, you don't like me anymore" She said in one go.

"Who told that" I was irritated of her insecurity.

"You only told that. " She said wiping her tears.

"Yes yes. You are a big genius and you understand everything picture-perfect. I just care for you because you are pregnant nothing else." I told angrily and walked towards our room.  I wasn't angry on her but on her stupid insecurities. I have told her atleast ten thousand times that she will be my world even if the whole world is against her.

She had told that to everyone and pictured that I don't care about her and I only care about the baby and moreover I take care of her only because she was pregnant. It took me more than an hour to convince all of them and prove that 'I am innocent' and also they warned me to never play like that with her again.

I came back to the present and thought the ways to coax her as she was doing something like that for not answering her call. I smiled to myself and called my mom. She didn't attend the call. Same goes for my dad. No one in the house answered my call. So I called my mother-in law. She will convince Situ, a bit and after that I can handle her.

After a few rings, she attended the call, "Arjun" her voice sounded bad.

"Aunty what happened?" I panicked.

"Situ is bleeding" my world shattered.