thirty-four

MORGAN'S EYES WERE GLUED to the TV as she watched the news reporter bash her boyfriend right in front of her

MORGAN'S EYES WERE GLUED to the TV as she watched the news reporter bash her boyfriend right in front of her. She started to twist the ring Peter gave her on Christmas on her finger, trying to calm her nerves. Morgan hasn't been able to sleep knowing that almost everyone hates Peter and won't even listen to his side of the story.

Peter glanced at her hands and reached over to reassure her that everything would be alright.

She turned to him while a weak smile displayed on her lips, "you're like the most famous person in the world." Morgan said softly and placed her head on his shoulder.

"I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing," Peter confessed truthfully.

"It's a bad thing," May said, coming next to them on the couch, who watched the TV screen in front of them.

They turned to May with an expression they weren't expecting to hear just yet. May noticed their stares and shrugged her shoulders.

"It's the truth. That man–what's his name? See? I don't even remember that bastard's name because I don't even want to think of that evil man," May rambled as she was pinching her nose bridge. "Anyway, because of him, he was the one who caused this mess. People are getting mad even though they don't know the whole story! It's so frustrating."

Peter took in a deep breath and sighed, "I should have never trusted him so quickly."

"That's not your fault. Mysterio tricked everyone. You can't blame everything on yourself," Morgan said as she lifted her head from Peter's shoulder.

"Yes, but it was my choice to give him those glasses."

"You shouldn't have so much weight on your shoulders when you're only seventeen. You just wanted a normal teenage life during that time in Europe, and there's nothing selfish about that," Morgan responded while squeezing his hand.

Peter kept his eyes on her, squeezed her hand back, and took in a deep breath, "M, you have no idea how much I–"

Someone started to bang on the apartment's front door, causing them to turn to the door.

"Federal Agents! Open up!"

May stood up first and turned to the two teens still holding hands on the couch. "Stay there," she said while walking towards the door.

May opened the door to many federal agents holding up their badges to show.

"Department of Damage Control, we have a warrant for the arrest of Peter Parker."

"Do you know the fourth amendment?" May asked the agents. "Unable search and seizures."

"Okay, get in here, guys. Let's go," the primary agent with a beard said as he started to walk past May.