thirty-nine

SEEING MORGAN WALKING INTO THE ROOM with MJ and Ned made Peter feel the weight off his shoulders

SEEING MORGAN WALKING INTO THE ROOM with MJ and Ned made Peter feel the weight off his shoulders. Seeing his best friends in front of him, ready to help him, made him softly smile at them.

"Thank you for coming, really," Peter said from the sink while trying to still take the green slime off of his suit.

"Peter, it's okay. You got us a second chance at MIT. Don't worry," MJ called out while placing her bag on the table.

"I still can't believe we are in Doctor Strange's sanctum," Ned said looking around while opening his laptop to find these villains.

Morgan glanced toward the two villains in the cage and took a deep breath, wondering why they disliked Spider-Man so much. Her curiosity got the best of her since she found herself walking towards the one with eight arms. Glancing towards the group behind, she saw them all busy as she approached him.

"Hello," Morgan said while her arms crossed. "What's your name?"

"Doctor Otto Octavius." The villain turned to her and narrowed his eyes, "odd, I thought the red hair would have been the same for every MJ in the universe."

Morgan processed the words that he had just said and chuckled softly. "I'm not MJ," she said then looked behind her and directed her head toward the actual MJ on the table next to Ned. "That's MJ next to Ned. I'm Morgan."

He took in her words before slowly nodding to himself, holding back information.

Morgan narrowed her eyes at him catching his facial expression change, "what is it?"

"Nothing; I guess all universes are different."

"You thought I was MJ," Morgan stated still confused. "Why?"

"In my universe, Peter and MJ are a couple."

Morgan froze in place hearing that phase leave his mouth. She felt her chest starting to get heavy and her stomach drop. Young Stark shouldn't have pressed into the reasoning. She glanced towards MJ, Morgan did not feel threatened by those words, but it did sting in a twisted way.

The villain noticed her getting quiet, taking this chance to mess with her, "they are like magnets; they always come back together in the end."

Morgan turned to him with a glare, "that may be how your universe is, but it's a little different around here." Her eyes lit up with a soft glow of purple showing that she can be dangerous when she wants to be.

"How? If it's the same story, just with different people."

Morgan started to walk away from the villain, realizing it was a mistake to even talk to him. She bit the inside of her cheek; Morgan felt guilt inside her that she hadn't entirely been there for Peter as much as she would've hoped. Peter wouldn't tell Morgan how it was back at school, but MJ did, making Morgan felt guilty. Knowing he had been there for her, but she wasn't there for him.