forty-four

"THIS LAB WILL WORK FINE, RIGHT?" Peter asked, turning on the lights revealing a science classroom

"Yeah, it'll work," Ned confirmed, dropping his laptop on the counter.

Everyone collectively walked into the classroom. Morgan and MJ stood close to each other. MJ knew Morgan must not have been feeling good mentally about Aunt May. She softly elbowed Morgan's arm, seeing her in a daze while looking at Peter.

She chuckled at her, "You guys are what I see in movies."

Morgan slowly turned to her, removing her eyes from Peter. They weren't filled with laughter or anything. She was upset, which made Michelle pay attention.

"Are you okay?" MJ asked her softly.

Morgan nodded slowly, making MJ frown. "I know I'm not Lauren or Priya, but I just hope you know that I'm always there for you," MJ said sincerely while looking away from Morgan.

Morgan softly smiled at MJ. "Thanks, MJ; I'm just feel guilty about everything, that's all." She took a deep breath and watched the boys gather around the table.

"We can talk later, yeah?"

Morgan nodded quickly, agreeing with her offer.

"Okay, so, uh, Connors, Marko, Dillion, and um..." Peter said, throwing their supplies and serums on the table. He couldn't say the name of the man who killed his Aunt. Peter wasn't strong enough yet. "...I think that I can repair the devices for Dillion and Marko, but the others–"

"Oh," Peter Three interrupted Peter and grabbed the serum for the lizard. "I got Connors. I've cured him once, so no big deal."

Everyone in the room stared at Peter Three, making Peter Three shrug his shoulders. "What? It's no big deal," he said admittedly.

"Great," Peter Two replied.

"Yeah, that's great," Peter agreed and watched the other version of himself walk away.

"I think I can make an anti-serum for Doctor Osborn. Been thinking about it a long time," Peter Two said, gaining Peter's attention. He looked at Peter, "gotta cure all of them, right?"

Peter removed his eyes from the serums and looked at Peter Two. "Right," he said, swallowing the lump in his throat.

"That's what we do."

Peter let the words process in his head–he knew there were two options he could go down with, and they will have a different ending. He doesn't want to make a mistake, especially since he still mentally feels the weight of every misfortune that came with being Spider-man.

Peter looked at Morgan, who was already staring at him in concern. MJ whispered something in Morgan's ear, causing her to chuckle.

"What?" Peter asked, wondering what made Morgan's expression change.