fifthteen

MORGAN WALKED BACK INTO the room, and saw everyone there already talking among themselves

MORGAN WALKED BACK INTO the room, and saw everyone there already talking among themselves. Everyone turned their attention to young Stark who just entered the room. They all turned their attention to see her pause as she looked around the room.

It has been a couple of years since Morgan has seen the other Avengers from what happened with the Accords and everything. They looked tired, but yet they were willing to fight. She hugged each of them causing her to remember the good memories she had shared with them.

"Wow." Steve took in a breath after releasing his hug from Morgan. "The young Morgan Stark is officially an Avenger. Never thought I would say that until you were at least twenty-one." Steve admitted while looking down at her, making Morgan chuckle at his comment.

Tony officially made Morgan an Avenger after her sweet sixteen. It was a somewhat birthday present to young Stark. Morgan however did work hard to prove that she was ready and Tony agreed that she was ready for the title.

Morgan glanced at Wanda and Vision watching them talk softly together she couldn't help but think of her boy in Space. Morgan rejects not at least trying a relationship with Peter. She will never know the outcome of it because they both thought what they did was right in that moment. She shook those thoughts from her head when she heard that they changed the topic to discuss what has been happening in the past few hours since the attack.

"So we have to assume that they are coming back right?" Rhodey started to talk about the threat.

"And that they can clearly find us," Wanda stated towards the team.

It was silent making everyone on edge. They haven't dealt with this huge of a threat in years. It was Morgan's first huge villain that she had dealt with. The last time a threat appeared from Space was the attack of New York, and that was the day that she got her powers. She placed her hands on her hips wondering if Thanos knew that Loki gave her powers accidentally. Morgan hasn't seen Loki since and doubts that she will never see him again anyway.

Bruce spoke up telling the team more details about the villain. "Thanos has the best army in the universe and he's not going to stop until he," Bruce paused and looked at Vision, "gets Vision's stone."

"Well we have to protect it," Natasha stated.

Morgan was about to agree with Natasha then Vision interrupted.

"No. We have to destroy it," Vision revealed towards the team.

No one said a word and thought about what he just said. The Avengers were silent. Morgan glanced towards Wanda knowing how close Wanda was to Vision; Morgan knew what Vision just said hurt Wanda.

"I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head about it's nature, and it's composition. I think if was exposed to a significant powerful energy source something very similar to it's own signature, perhaps." He trailed off and turned to face Wanda and glanced at Morgan.

Wanda stood in front of Morgan, shielding her from what Vision could be thinking. "Yeah and you with it. We are not having this conversation." Wanda said blankly. "Don't drag Morgan into this."

"Eliminating the stone is the only way so we can be certain that Thanos can't get it." Vision said pausing then looked at Morgan. "Morgan's powers have grown stronger. Didn't you see the news last week? She was able to create something out of thin air with her energy inside her. There's a chance that she can–"

"No. Morgan's powers have grown, the world has seen that, but don't place her in the middle of this. Plus, sacrificing you is too high a price." Wanda settled as she was crossing her arms and walked away giving herself some air.

It got quiet again, making Morgan look down at the floor remembering what had happened last week. She remembered how happy Tony was to see her expanding her powers causing her to softly smile thinking about the memory. Thinking about her dad and how Vision was created Morgan turned to face Vision.  

"Vision, your mind is of complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Bruce, my dad, and the stone. All of them mixed together, all of them learning from one other." Morgan revealed as she turned to Bruce hoped that he caught on what she's trying to say.

"You're saying, Vision isn't just a stone?" Wanda asked coming back to the group again.

"What she's trying to say is that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left." Bruce said. Morgan nodded and agreed with Bruce.

"Can you do that?" Natasha asked Bruce.

"Not me, not here," Bruce said flatly.

"Well, you need to find someone and somewhere fast because Ross isn't just going to let you guys have your old rooms' back," Rhodey shared truthfully.

"I know somewhere," Steve proposed and slowly nodded to himself of the location that he had in mind.

"Let's go then," Natasha said walking out of the room, making everyone followed her out.

As Morgan was walking out with Rhodey next to her, Steve grabbed her arm pulling her back to the room.

Morgan gave Steve a frown, "what's wrong?"

"This is very dangerous and I don't know if you should go. I'm just trying to keep you safe." He said letting go of her arm. "You saw what they did to Peter and Tony."

Morgan's jaw clenched hearing those names. "You're going to put me in danger if you leave me here. I'm going okay?" Morgan said casually and walked away from Steve.

If they would leave Morgan here it would make Morgan put herself into harm's way more. He sighed hearing that, and went with the rest of the group to the jet. 

__________
author's note:

aaa i'm sooo sleepy and i feel like these chapters are getting shittier and shittier lol

also thank you for 1.57k reads!! 💓💞💖💗