Chapter { 6 } : help her

"It's not what we have in life that is important, but who we have in life that matters".

Lorenzo :

As much as I hate to admit it, the moment that blue eyed girl came into view, I couldn't hold my anger and sadness over the fact that this beautiful girl. My sister. Looks like a zombie, with get dull and void eyes, and tiny frame that only reaches to my shoulders.

I couldn't help but remember my mom, she was really a great one, she gave us everything we neede. Love. Mirabella was taken the day she was born, right after we saw her, we were all broken and took different turns expressing our anger an despair, after that everything changed, especially mama, she did lose her only daughter, her little princess, our little princess.

My mama died in the hands if the Russians, along with my uncle's wife.

After that, not only were we sad, but lost too.

Until, bella came, she really us our light.

I can say papà and my fratelli are having the same questions running through their minds, and I'm sure we are all wondering why she flinches and limps, and hisses when touched.

We don't want ot lose her again.

And we won't let that happen.

I might have been a total jerk towards her, but I do that so that I won't get attached, I'd I do, I'm afraid I'll lose her, I'm afraid she'll leave like everyone else did, like everyone else does.

I love her.

Back to the story
__________________

Lorenzo :
In dinner.

I kept looking at my baby sister across from me, noticing how she tries not to hiss by biting her tongue, how she flinched when luca waved his hand, and how her eyes glossed when I said that she sould be grateful.

I'm such an asshole, why am i doing this to her, i shouldn't call her names, I should treat her like the queen she is, but I just had to do that.

Maybe i should warm up to her, maybe I should get to know her, with that thought in my head, I excused myslef from dinner feeling full.

As I made my way towards the stairs, I heard wheezing coughs, and a figure clutching on the ground.

Getting close, my eyes widened in horror and worry from the sight.

My sorellina coughing blood on her hand while clutching her chest.

She looked up, and pleaded me with her eyes not to say a word to the others, raising her index finger, indicating me that I shouldn't tell anyone.

But how could I.

She got up, and I contemplated with myself whether I should go help her or not.

Trying to go up the stairs by herself, she turned around and whispered "please don't tell anyone", and without letting talk or ask what the hell happened, she skipped through the stairs, holding onto the railing.