Chapter { 34 } : A better day

Mirabella :

It's been 2 days since the incident and my kiss with Sebastian.

We didn't talk about it.

In fact we didn't talk at all.

Leo, enzo, Matt and me didn't go to school for the last 2 days.

We feel better now, even my ankle isn't bad, even though it was only two days of rest.

Mattio's arm is still broken of course, and tomorrow we're going back to school.

Which means I'll probably see Seb.

I sighed and made my way towards the garden, fidgeting with my necklace.

I wish I had met my mom, i mean nonna and tias do treat me like the mothers I've never had.

But there's still this place in my heart that feels empty, yet I feel like it can be filled again, like there's hope, but I don't know why I feel like that.

I watered some flowers and picked one from its soil, it was an almost dead violet flower, I feared it will kill the others, so I took it off.

I sat on the swing with the flower on my lap staring back at me.

A lone tear glided down my cheek and fell on the flower, and for the first time in a while, I wasn't crying because I was sad, or scared, or because I was pain.

I cried, because i felt safe.

Even after everything that has been happening lately with the Russian bastards.

I feel safe.

Like I know that they'll protect me no matter what.

Like they failed once didn't they, and I don't think they'll miss any chance of letting me go again.

Right?.

............☆............

I woke up feeling much better today.

I chose a black long sleeved shirt and black cargo pants, along with black boots, and a white and black sweater vest.

It was a casual outfit, but pretty.

As usual, I added my necklace and ring, and put my long hair in two Dutch braids.

I made my way towards the kitchen, skipping down the stairs.

"Morniing", I said beaming with joy.

"Well someone had a good sleep", chuckled papà.

"Yeah, well I'm just excited to see the others today", I said as I signaled for nana Isa to make me a smoothie.

She smiled and nodded.

"Morning", said Mattio yawning as he entered the room.

I mumbled a small good morning, and he flopped next to me.

Soon they were all there.

"Soo.. you guys exited for next week?", asked Gianni eyeing me and Mattio.

We both raised our eyebrows in confusion.

"It's your first birthday together you dumbos", said Luca.

Our birthday.

I totally forgot about that, I never really celebrated it, I would just sometimes lit a candle and blow it.

And don't forget the special treatment from my fellow 'parents', I hated the day I was supposed to love just because of them.

But this time it's different.