Chapter { 47 } : Home

Another early update, because I worked okay on my exams today.

Wish me luck for tomorrow, I have english, history, and geography.

[Sigh] I want to finish already.

Enjoy lovelies ♡.

.............................

Mirabella :

I felt something bothering my throat, seeking for me to remove it.

I opened my eyes and started coughing while trying to adjust to the light, but this time mamà wasn't here to help me.

A figure stood blocking the light making it easy for me to keep my eyes open.

I heard further voices and ringing in my ears, someone said something between the lines of 'just a few, and you'll be alright'.

My hands flew towards my mouth, to remove this thing bothering me, but someone pinned them.

Another figure appeared, but I couldn't see who, because my vision blurred with tears, it hurts now.

It removed the thing bothering me making me cough, and the other figure helped me up.

I kept coughing for a few minutes, till I remembered everything.

Damion, the shots, luca and nonno.

It all hurt.

More tears escaped my eyes, as I found it hard to breath, I scratched my neck seeking for entrance, anything. Air.

The figure pulled me to it's chest, "shh.. breath with me, baby.. breath with me, in and out, in and out...", whispered a familiar voice.

Sebastian.

I followed his instructions, in and out I breathed, till the feeling of a thousand elephants sitting on me disappeared.

I pushed him away harshly when I realized everything that has happened.

He had a look of hurt on his face, as a lone tear escaped my eye.

"I'll call the others", he said and walked away.

I didn't mean to push him away, but still I can't bring myslef to hug them or even touch them.

My bottom lip quivered, as I hugged my knees to my chest.

Memories clawed their way towards my mind, reminding me of how hopeless I was, of how dirty I became.

Now they'll never look at me the same way.

I rocked myself as tears refused escaping my eyes.

"Bella?", asked someone from the door.

I looked at papà with teary and wide eyes.

I hummed in response, and moved further into the hospital bed.

Everyone else walked in, with teary eyes, and mouths ajar.

They looked at me with pain etched in their eyes, as I ignored their faces and continued rocking myself.

"Bella?.. do you recognize me?", asked Apollo crouching next to me.

I nodded, he stretched his hand out, and I automatically stepped away from it, and continued rocking myself.
More tears slide down his face as he stood up and went to the others.

"Let the girls try", said a woman in a doctor uniform.

Nonna sat on the bed and looked at me with teary eyes.