Chapter { 38 } : Mafia princess

Mirabella :

"So how does this work?", I asked sitting on the chair in my bedroom.

The hairstylist started doing my hair for the third time today.

"You go in, and climb up the stairs, there will be a man there, you should bow to the point where you reach his waist, and he'll put a crown on your head, then he'll give you your personal gun and throwing knives, you'll fire through a loop that will be directly in the middle of the ballroom, then everyone will bow to their princess", she replied with a wide grin.

"This feels too much", I mumbled.

"Nothing is too much in this line of business, this has been going for the past 200 years in the history of the mafia, and it only happened about 5 times in that span of time", she said.

"That proves how important it is, you don't always see a girl born in the mafia", said tia guilia.

"Yes but shouldn't tia valentina be a queen then", said Ava.

"Yes she's a girl born in the mafia", I said.

"Yes I am, and i did have my turn girls, i was a princess like you, and i became a queen when i got married, but that title leaves when another girl is born, and it goes to her", explained tia valentina.

"So I took your title?", I asked.

"Yes you did, and I'm quite happy about that", she replied.

I gave her a questioning look.

She sighed, "I had the boys, and I couldn't rule anymore, when you're queen, it's like you're the path between the good and bad, you kinda control them all, and keep peace between the mafias, and I couldn't, I had to take care of my family", she explained further.

I nodded in understanding.
"Is it hard?", I asked.

"Not really, but you are someone important here, so you can order anyone, unless they don't follow you, then the other mafias will side with you to defeat the rebels", she replied.

"Why would they side with me?", I asked.

"Because, every person here considers you their family", said nonna.

"And family is everything in the mafia", continued tia guilia.

I nodded again.

"Alright, it's time", said tia valentina opening the third bag.

"Alright so I chose this dress, because it goes with the crown well, and also the gun", she continued grinning widely.

The dress was so pretty and backless.

And my hair was now up in a low bun, which meant they'll see my scars.