Chapter { 46 } : Life is cruel and unfair

Early update, because I have exams.

Sebastian :

(Three months later).

"Still nothing?", I asked Rafael who came out of Mirabella's room.

He shook his head and patted my back.

I sighed deeply and entered the room, recognizing every corner of it as I sit on the chair next to her bed.

"Hey, goerguous", I said holding her hand.

I scrunched my face in sadness, as a tear slid down my face.

"You know... you have to wake up.. please wake up", more tears ran down my cheeks, and I had no intention to stop them.

"You'll..", my voice broke, "you'll die if you stay asleep", I kissed her hand.

"They, umm... they said they'll..", a sob escaped my throat, "they'll remove your ventilator", another sob.

"They shouldn't do that.. you'll.. you'll leave me then", I buried my head in her chest.

"Please don't leave me.. come back for me, my love", I said, but it all came out muffled.

These past months were the worst, coming here everyday to see them.

And everyone asking where they are at school, it just hurts.

I can't even imagine what the others are feeling.

If she leaves, I'll never be able to be myself again.

Life is just cruel, it's unfair.

_________________________________________

Mirabella :

I struggled to open my eyes, and when I succeeded I couldn't help but close them again due to the light.

I felt someone caressing my head, I opened them again to notice that the light was no more that intense.

Someone was hiding the light behind them, a figure was sitting caressing my hair, it looked like I was on it's lap.

I looked around rather confused with my brows scrunched together.

I was in a field of flowers.

A field of violets.

I sat up abruptly with the help of my arms, I glanced at the figure again, and my eyes widened.

"Mamà?", my voice came out hoarse and raspy, and unexpected tears blurred my vision.

The exact old version of me was looking back at me with a smile etched on it's face and eyes that mirrored mine.

She nodded her head, and stretched her arms.

A sob escaped my throat as I lunged at her, hugging her like she'd leave any moment.

I pulled back, and cupped her cheek, "mamà?", I asked again as tears escaped my eyes.

"Yes, la mia bambina, it's me, your mamà", she replied cupping my cheek.

A smile drew itself on my face, but instantly turned into a sad one.

"Mamà, it was so hard", I whispered.

"I know, baby, I know... it's all better now", she whispered back examining all of my face as if she'd forget me if I disappeared.

"You're so beautiful, my girl", she said and her face scrunched in pain as more tears trickled down her still damp cheeks.