26: nightmares

Sapnap woke up with a groan and.. felt poking at his cheek?? He grumbled and opened his eyes assuming dream was being.. dream. But dream was laying next to him fast asleep. He blinked, now afraid it was a bug, and jumped swatting at his face. He heard a giggle.

He looked over seeing Charlie sitting in the floor on his knees. "Oh- you scared me" He chuckled sitting up. Charlie smiled and stood. "Breakfast" he said then quickly ran out of the room. Charlie was a.. weird fellow to be honest. He was sweet and funny though.

Shy, usually, but recently got more used to the two. Sapnap looked at dream and pet his head. Dream purred and nuzzed his hand. Sapnap giggled and gently pulled him in his lap pulling a blanket over him. Dream clung to him and smiled.

Sapnap hummed. "Well, it's time to wake up love" dream flushed and nuzzled his chest. "We gotta go home soon" dream looked back up at him and hummed shaking his head. "Well I'm going home, you can come with if you want" he joked.

Dream wined when sapnap got up and stretched. Eventually the two went downstairs, were offered food and thanked them, then were driven home and thanked them again.

Two days went by, time for dream and sapnap to relax and enjoy each other's company. One night dream manged to fall asleep immediately. He must've been really tired.

Sapnap laid down on his phone watching things and scrolling on sites.
About 30 minutes of this and sapnap was still doing it. He wasn't exactly ready to go to bed but he could sleep. But he felt dream twitch and make a groan sort of noise. He let out a wine and hugged sapnaps arm. Still asleep.

Sapnap just thought he was doing things in his sleep. It was normal. Until dream made a noise of pain and cried, squirming. Like he was trying to get away from something.

Sapnap gently pulled him close. "Hey hey wake up love-" He said rubbing his side. Dream cried softly shaking. "Shh dream your ok, wake up" dreams eyes fluttered open. He seemed confused but didn't stop crying.

Sapnap sat up pulling him with him and holding him close. "It's ok honey" dream hiccuped and blinked. "Wh-whats going on?-" he shifted and his dream sank in. "I-i-" He looked down and cried hugging on to sapnap. Sapnap rubbed his back in circles and kissed his head. "Shh.. what's wrong.?"

Dream shook his head. "I-i-" He couldn't explain it. It was when he was being sold, the people who took advantage of him, even though he didn't realize what was going on, now he knew and it hurt.

Knowing it was so horribly wrong and scary changed his perspective. He was abused and raped. And having dreams made him feel worse. So he was unable to speak and sobbed holding on to sapnap.

"Your ok daydream.. I'm here.. your ok.." dreams tail was fluffed up, his ears were back and he was still shaking. Sapnap gently pet his ears and cradled him, whispering that he was ok, and that sapnap wouldn't let anything happen.

Dream finally calmed down about 10 minutes later to just hiccups and coughs. Sapnap pet his head and moved his hand to rub his back. "Your ok dream.." dream sniffled.

"I-i wanna go back to sleep but i-i know I can't-" He croaked out. Sapnap nodded. "It's ok.. we can just lay here and.. watch things on my phone or talk.." dream pointed to his phone. "Ok.."

The two laid in bed watching videos on sapnaps phone, until dream fell back asleep, so sapnap put his phone away and held him close going to sleep after.