Chapter 1

WORLD MILITARY LEADER ESME CYR TAKES DOWN ANTI WORLD GOVERNMENT TERRORIST LIN CRESPO

By L.M.Taurus

1/13/0026UWC

24 hours before headline

Esme, Kara and Fyn ate at a local diner by the world military headquarters. The location of the world military headquarter would depend on who the world military leaders currently were. Since the current world military leader was Esme Cyr and she originated from Canada, the new world military headquarters was now located in Nova Scotia, an island controlled by Canada.

The three were having breakfast before their day of work started. Fyn ate his food without a care in the world while the other two had foul looks on their faces. Fyn was about to take another bite of his grits when he noticed their faces.

"Is there something wrong, cuz?" asked Fyn, putting his spoonful of grits back down.

Esme slammed the newspaper down. "What the hell?" she said as she looked at her cousin. "Seriously," she said as she glared at him, his face dirty with some of the grits on his beard. "They think the only reason we were elected as the new world military leaders is because of you."

"Excuse me?"

Kara tossed a towel in Fyn's face. "Clean yourself. You have something on your beard."

Esme looked at Kara while gesturing at Fyn as he wiped his face. "Do you believe this? We're the new world military leaders because of this golden boy."

"I still don't know what you're talking about," said Fyn.

"Have you read the newspaper?" said Esme. "Apparently the only person worthy of being a world military leader is you."

"Let me see that," said Fyn as he grabbed the newspaper.

"Actually," said Kara. "They said Mun Ji-hun and Yelena are worthy world military leaders as well."

"This paper is old," said Fyn as he pointed at the date. "This is from right after we were elected. Why are you making such a big deal about this right now?"

"Because I just read it. They make it sound like I'm not worthy of my position."

"That's not exactly what the writer wrote," said Kara. "She was more critical of the fact that a team made up of three royal family members probably shouldn't be world military leaders."

"Wow," said Fyn as he read the paper. "The writer has a flattering opinion of me."

"Anyways," said Kara. "That wasn't the reason I told you to read that paper. I wanted you to see what they had to say about Arlo and Leonie."

"What did they have to say about them?" asked Fyn as he continued to read the article. "Oh, never mind. Yeah, this is harsh."

"Exactly," said Kara. "This is bad for morale. I hope they haven't read it."

"I doubt Arlo reads the newspaper," said Esme, who put her head down and between her arms.

"He doesn't have to read the newspaper. I'm sure someone is going to eventually tell him."

"And he won't care. Arlo doesn't really care about other people's opinions."

"Fair enough, but this is going to devastate Leonie. She can be a little sensitive."

"Great," said Esme as she lowered her head. "Another problem I'm going to have to deal with."

"This isn't a big deal," said Fyn as he put the paper down. "This is only one paper's opinion."