Chapter 45

LILLIAN DANTI TAKES DOWN DEPENDENCY

By L.M.Taurus

7/5/0029 UWC

5 days before headline

After the explosion of the Dependency's hideout, a fire had formed around the forest area it was located. The world military, police, firefighters and even civilians showed up in the area in an effort to help.

What people hadn't realized was there were members of Dependency trying to escape. Some were able to, but others were captured by the team of Jacmel Saint and Esterline. Among the people who were captured were Celeste and Julia, who were being confused as Dependency members.

Arlo and Luka were among the people from the world military who were dispatched to help with the fire, but instead of helping, they sneaked into the forest in search of Celeste and Julia. They were able to find and sneak into Esterline's camp where they found a bunch of Dependency members tied up on the floor in the middle of the camp. Arlo and Luka were wearing hoods and hiding among the Haitians as they looked for Celeste and Julia.

Jacmel, Bessy and Renz walked among their prisoners as they taunted them. Jacmel punched one of the prisoners.

"That's enough of that," said Esterline. "You've already made your point."

"I don't think I have," said Jacmel. "I think for me to make my point we need to have a public execution." He looked at one of the prisoners on the floor who was whimpering. "Maybe after a public execution, people will think twice before voicing their prejudices in public."

"We're not publicly executing anyone," said Esterline. "We should be moving our camp. The world military are all over the forest thanks to this fire."

"Esterline is right," said Calixte. "We need to leave and scatter before they find us."

"Then what do we do with the prisoners?" asked Bessy.

"Leave them for the world military to find."

"We're not doing that," said Jacmel as he stabbed a prisoner with his dagger. The prisoner cried out in pain when Jacmel kicked him in the mouth. Jacmel leaned down and put his hand over the prisoner's mouth and stabbed him in the heart.

Some of the people in the camp looked in horror at what he did while others seemed to enjoy it. Among the people who seemed to enjoy it were Allegra, Lovelie and Beatrice.

Luka was about to interfere when Arlo stopped him.

"Not yet," whispered Arlo. "They have arm-cannons and outnumber us."

"That display of savagery is not necessary," said Esterline who kept a serious look. "Unless you feel like you have to send a message to us as well."

"Nothing like that Miss Esterline," said Jacmel. "We just can't leave these people for the world military. The world military will just arrest them and in a couple of weeks, they'll be back in the street. We have to put them down right now."

Bessy and Renz both killed two more prisoners.

"I'm not going to be a part of this," said Esterline. "I'm leaving and I recommend we part ways now."

"You're breaking up with me," said Jacmel as he put a hand over his heart. "But we were just getting to know each other."

"I've gotten to know you well enough and we work better on two separate fronts. As a parting gift, you can keep that arm-cannon we found."

Jenniflore grabbed a suitcase and took it to Jacmel. He took the suitcase.

"My arm-cannon," said Luka. "Julia must be here."