Chapter 11

WORLD MILITARY LEADERS ARRIVE IN MEXICO OVER THEIR LACK OF HELP WITH THE HAITIAN REFUGEES.

By L.M.Taurus

11/17/0026 UWC

10 hours before headline

"I still don't know why they sent you here too," said Arlo as he arrived outside the estate of Mexico's president.

"I was sent here because apparently you don't know how to act," said Yelena Sokolov.

"I don't know what you are referring to."

"You know exactly what I'm referring to." Yelena stopped Arlo before he could enter the building and straighten his uniform. They were both wearing their purple world military leader uniforms. "The press is tearing you apart. Honestly, you're making all of us look bad."

"I don't know why any of you pay attention to the press. Who cares what they think."

"The people care," answered Yelena. "If we look incompetent in front of the cameras, then we look incompetent around the world. No one is going to respect an incompetent leader."

"Do you believe I'm an incompetent leader?" asked Arlo as she finished fixing his suit.

"I know you're not, which is the reason it infuriates me when you give the impression that you aren't competent. Now let's go. I would like to hear why the leader of Mexico hasn't stepped up to do their part." Yelena opened the door and entered the building.

Ahead of Yelena and Arlo was a world military royal officer. Not just anyone, but the leader of their squad. You can spot a world military royal guard by their gold armor. All of the world leaders have their own world military royal guards. A squad of 12. The best of the best. These guards are loyal to their leaders and the world military.

As part of the world military leaders, Arlo's job is to go to each country and make sure everything is alright with the world leaders. He does this job by communicating with the leaders and their royal officers.

"Mr. Windsor, Ms. Sokolov," said the royal guard. "I wasn't expecting two world military leaders today."

"This is a special occasion," answered Yelena. "It's good to see you again, Aracely."

"Likewise," said the royal guard, Aracely. "May I ask what's the occasion?"

"Have you been reading the news? There's an anti movement against the Haitian refugees."

"Yes, I've heard. Terrible news. People without a home and now this. There are some people who cannot get a break."

"Seems that way," said Yelena. "We're here to speak with Delfina Cordero and see if she can help these people."

"Understood," said Aracely. "Follow me this way."

Aracely led the way while Yelena and Arlo followed. Yelena noticed Arlo was checking Aracely out. She elbowed him and he made a I'm sorry gesture. The three entered an office where they found a woman sitting behind a desk and a man sitting on that desk in front of her. Yelena quickly recognised them as Delfina Cordero, the president of Mexico, and her husband, Andres Cordero.

"President Cordero," said Aracely. "Ms. Sokolov and Mr. Windsor are here to see you."

Both Delfina and Andres stood up. "Now this is a surprise," said Delfina. "I wasn't expecting a visit from a world military leader for a couple of months, but here I have two of them."

"What brings you to this part of the world?" asked Andres.

"Do you mind if we sit?" asked Yelena.

"Of course," said Delfina, gesturing towards the couch.