Chapter 36

THE GOLDEN BOY IS BACK!

By L.M.Taurus

12/21/0028 UWC

5 hours before headline

Fyn and a small squad of four approached an airship. Fyn led the squad and among the squad were Jacmel, Renz, Bessy and Chano. Fyn had gotten a tip that high members of Dependency would be departing New Zealand through this particular airship.

Chano had confirmed that the Dependency members were indeed on the ship and now they were waiting on Fyn's order to attack.

"What are we waiting for?" asked Jacmel as they hid behind some crates. "Let's get these bastards."

"Just a minute," said Fyn. "I think that vehicle is coming our way."

"More members of Dependency?" asked Bessy.

"Possibly."

"Does it matter," said Jacmel. "We already confirmed that the ones we want are already on the airship."

"Three Agents of Dependency on the ship," confirmed Chano.

"Wait," said Fyn. "This might be something important."

Jacmel was anxious but stayed down.

The vehicle stopped at the side of the airship. One of the Agents of Dependency came outside to meet their new guest. This Agent was a skinny male that Fyn didn't recognize. Out of the vehicle came someone Fyn did recognize, Julia Cabrera.

"Wait, is that Luka's girlfriend?" asked Renz.

"Yeah," answered Fyn as he watched her hand a suitcase to the Agent.

"Looks like the bitch works for Dependency," said Jacmel. "That some serious oversight on your people's behalf," he said to Fyn.

Fyn didn't say anything as he observed the exchange. The Agent grabbed Julia and pulled her by the arm. The two went inside the airship.

"We don't know what's going on there," said Fyn. "This makes the mission a little tricky."

"How so?" asked Jacmel.

"The girl might be a hostage."

"How do you figure that? She came here on her own and went inside the airship with an Agent of Dependency. They clearly know each other."

"They might be blackmailing her."

"Or she's dating that fucker and you don't want your fellow squadmate looking like he got played."

"Let's get this clear, we are going to do everything possible to bring in Julia Cabrera unharmed. She is a civilian until further notice. Do we have an understanding?"

"Yes sir," said Renz, Bessy and Chano.

Jacmel only glared at Fyn. "There's three Agents of Dependency and you want us to worry about a whore."

Fyn pulled out his club and slammed it in front of Jacmel. "We are taking Julia Cabrera unharmed. Do you understand that?"

"Yes sir," said Jacmel.

"Good," said Fyn. "You will stay here as a lookout while the rest of us go in."

"What? No," said Jacmel. "I'm your best fighter. I'm going in."

"You're staying out here," repeated Fyn. "If the Agents try to escape, I'm going to need you to stop them. With us concentrating on saving Julia, the Agents might escape."

"You want me to stop them by myself?"

"You'll have the element of surprise. Is there a problem with that?"