Chapter 48

THE TRUE STORY: PART 2

By L.M.Taurus

7/8/0029 UWC

3 days after headline

Aracely rushed towards Irma, who braced herself, but before she could get any closer, a cannon blast cut off her path. Everyone turned to the door where the blast came from and Esme walked into view with Luka's arm-cannon attached.

Behind Esme, entered Kara, Celeste and Yelena. Aracely and the four royal guards got into fighting stances as Delfina and Andres stood behind them.

"It's over," said Esme. "You're all under arrest for the attempted murder of a world military leader."

"This is a misunderstanding," said Andres. "We saved Irma's life."

"Shut up, Andres," said Delfina. "They caught us mid act."

"Put your weapons down," Kara said to the royal guards.

"Don't you dare," snapped Delfina. "You four are the best of the best. I'm sure you can handle two princesses and the extras."

"Did she just refer to us as the extras?" said Celeste, who stood next to Yelena.

"I'm more offended that she doesn't consider us a threat," said Yelena.

"You're in for a rude awakening if you think we're not just as good if not better than your royal squad," said Esme. "Now surrender or I'm testing out my new toy on you."

Aracely put her shield up and her sword over it as she prepared herself to strike. "Everyone on my mark," said Aracely and the royal guards mimicked her stance.

Esme tossed her sword at Irma as the five world military leaders prepared themselves for a fight. "Come on then," said Esme as she aimed her arm-cannon at Aracely.

"Now!" yelled Aracely as she ducked and moved forward.

Esme fired her arm-cannon, but Aracely was able to dodge it. Aracely was about to slash Esme in the stomach when Kara blocked the attack with her sword. Esme kicked at Aracely who circled around them and slashed at Celeste and Yelena.

The other royal guards joined in the attack as they cut off the world military leaders from Aracely. The world military leaders fought the four royal guards as Aracely maneuvered between everyone and slashed at Esme and Kara.

Kara saw Aracely hide behind one of her royal guards. Kara threw her sword in that direction. The sword went through the royal guard who was swinging high which left her front open. The sword came out the royal guards back and almost struck Aracely as well.

Kara went forward and grabbed her sword, slashing it out of the royal guard. Aracely was about to strike Kara when Esme struck her in the chest with her club. Aracely got sent back a couple of steps as Kara moved towards her. Aracely brought down her shield and blocked Kara's attack.

"I'm a harder opponent when I can see you coming," said Kara, kicking Aracely in the stomach.

Aracely swung her sword at Kara but it was Esme's turn to block it with her shield. Kara went to stab Aracely but she spun out of the way.

"Two on one isn't really fair," said Aracely as she breathed hard.

Celeste and Yelena cut down the other three royal guards.

"I don't want to hear you talk about fair after you struck me in the back a couple of years ago," said Kara.

"You know about that," said Aracely with a smile. "I showed you mercy that day. Delfina wanted me to kill you."