Chapter 28

MEXICO TAKES A HARD STANCE AGAINST DEPENDENCY.

By L.M.Taurus

4/22/0028 UWC

14 hours before headline

"I seriously don't like this," said Arlo as he and Irma watched Delfina's men assemble at their estate. "There's a million things I would rather be doing than this."

"Stop it," said Irma. "This isn't that bad."

"Really? Because this feels like torture to me. Where are they going anyways?"

"I don't know but here she comes," said Irma as they watched Delfina and Andres heading towards a howler with Aracely escorting them. "I'll ride with them. You follow."

"She's not going to like that."

"I know," said Irma with a smile as she followed Delfina to her howler.

Delfina sat in the back of the howler and Andres was about to sit next to her until Irma stopped him.

"Mind sitting in the front," said Irma. "I want to sit next to your wife." She didn't wait for him to answer as she got inside the howler.

"Alright then," said Andres as he went to sit in the passenger's seat.

Aracely took the driver's seat.

"So where are we going?" asked Irma.

Delfina scoffed and turned away from Irma. "Don't you have anything better to do than follow me around all day."

"Not at all," said Irma with a big smile on her face. "You are my biggest priority. An attempt was made on your life. I'll be by your side until the people behind the attack are brought to justice."

"Wonderful," said Delfina, sarcastically.

"So again, where are we heading?"

"Ma'am," said Aracely. "What do you want me to do?"

"Just drive," answered Delfina. "She'll see when we get there."

"Yes ma'am," said Aracely as she drove off.

"Really," said Irma with a friendly voice, even though she was holding onto a dagger under her cloak. "Not going to tell me where we're going? You know that makes it a bit difficult to protect you."

"Not really counting on your protection," said Delfina, her sight out the window and to the street. "Aracely is sufficient enough for the job. Plus, you world military leaders can barely protect yourselves. Three of you have been put in the hospital now."

"That might be true, but the people who put them there aren't long for this world," said Irma. "Especially the one who put Kara in the hospital," she threatened.

"I'm sure your enemies must be terrified," said Delfina, no concern in her voice at all.

Irma noticed something weird under Delfina's sleeve. She looked up front and noticed Andres also had the same thing under his cloak. Irma gripped her dagger tighter as Aracely pulled in front of a laundromat.

"We're here," said Aracely.

"Where is here?" asked Irma.

Everyone got out of the vehicle and looked towards the laundromat. Irma noted all of the howlers on site. All of Delfina's royal guards were there on top of the police. Arlo was there too but towards the back.

"What's going on here?" asked Irma.

"This place is a front for Dependency," answered Delfina. "We're here to bring them to justice." She signaled for her men to go in.