Chapter 14

HAS LUKA URBAN FOUND A NEW BOO?

By L.M.Taurus

2/2/0027 UWC

5 days before headline

Most of the world military leaders stayed in headquarters for the night after the big meeting. One of those leaders who stayed was Luka Urban.

It was late at night and Luka was working in the engineering room located at headquarters. He had rock music blasted and thought no one could hear him due to how far the engineering room was from the others. That was why Luka was surprised when he heard a voice from behind.

"Yo!" yelled Arlo, who stood at the doorway.

Luka went to the stereo and turned the music off. "Did I wake you?"

"Of course not," said Arlo as he entered the room. Behind him followed Luan. The two men were dressed nicely. "We were on our way out when we heard the music." Arlo went to the bench and grabbed a piece of armor that Luka was working on. "You're working late."

"Yeah," said Luka. "I couldn't sleep so I decided to work. Why are you two up?"

"Arlo is going to take me to a club nearby," said Luan.

"You should go with us," said Arlo. "I know for a fact you can use a little fun."

"No thanks," said Luka.

"Don't be like that. When was the last time you had some fun?"

"There's no time for fun now," said Luka. "Or did you now hear what's going on with this group called Dependency."

"I heard. I was at the meeting too, but that doesn't mean we can use a little time to have some fun. Even Luan is going to join me tonight. You should too."

"I agree," said Luan. "Sometimes you have to let out a little steam before returning to work."

"I'm just not in the mood," said Luka.

"Don't tell me you're not over that ex of yours?" said Arlo. "It's been almost a year."

"I loved that ex and we were together for years."

"Shit man, you need to get over her. She wasn't good for you anyways. You need a girl who likes to have fun."

"What I need to do is grow up and concentrate on my work," said Luka as he walked over to Arlo and took the piece of armor from his hands.

"I completely disagree," said Arlo. "That some shit Ruby put in your head. There's nothing wrong with the way you are and you've been working hard enough." Arlo took the piece of armor back and put it on the bench.

"How would you know?"

"Because no one had heard from you in months. It's because you've been hard at work. Am I correct?" Luka didn't answer. "You need time to unwind. You're going to burn yourself out."

"I agree," said Luan as he put a hand on Luka's shoulder. "You should go out with us, plus, when is the last time the three of us have gotten together like this. We should take advantage of that and have a little bit of fun."

"Fine," said Luka. "Just let me get dressed."

"Take a shower too," said Arlo. "Trust me, you can use it."

"Noted."

****

Luka, Arlo and Luan were dressed nicely as they walked towards a club called The Masquerade. Arlo stopped them and pulled out three masquerade masks. "Before I forget. Put these on." He handed the masks to Luka and Luan.