Chapter 21

TWO WORLD MILITARY LEADERS DOWN WHILE PRINCE ARLO WINDSOR AND LUKA URBAN PARTY IN MEXICO.

By L.M.Taurus

9/11/0027

5 hours before headline

Arlo, Luka and his girlfriend Julia were at a popular and exclusive club in Mexico. Julia was on the dance floor while Arlo and Luka sat at the bar. Luka couldn't take his eyes off of Julia as she danced.

"You really like her," said Arlo.

"Huh," said Luka, turning his attention to Arlo.

"You really like her," repeated Arlo. "What's her name, Julia?"

"Yeah," said Luka. "I really like her."

"Careful with her," said Arlo as he held his drink. "Don't let her hurt you like Ruby."

"I'm careful, but she's nothing like Ruby. She's... She's so much more fun."

Arlo laughed. "I bet."

"I don't mean like that," said Luka. "I mean she has so much more life in her and she encourages me to have fun. Ruby liked to call me immature while with Julia, she participated in my eccentricities. You should see what we're building together."

"What are you building?"

"Let me keep that a secret for now, but let's just say I think it's going to help us out a lot against our future enemies in places with no power."

"And Julia is helping you with that?"

"Yeah, she's kind of good with her hands," said Luka. Arlo smiled and was about to say something. "Not like that," said Luka, cutting him off before he could say it.

Arlo raised his glass to Luka. "Brother, I'm happy if you're happy. Just a word of caution, don't let anyone know your business. I would hate for the media to tear your relationship apart."

Luka raised his glass to Arlo and toasted. "Cheers." They both downed their drinks. "When is Aracely supposed to arrive?" asked Luka.

Arlo looked at his watch. "Any minute now. She'll let me know if there is any damage control I can do between Mexico and our squad."

"And why do you need me here for?"

"Moral support. Hey, I think your girl wants you," said Arlo.

Luka looked to the dance floor and saw Julia waving him over. "I think I should go."

"Go," said Arlo. "Enjoy yourself. I promise I'll be doing the same later."

Luka went to the dance floor and a woman in a long red dress took his seat next to Arlo. Arlo looked her up and down, admiring her features before remembering that now is not about pleasure. At least not yet.

"Sorry miss," he started to say until she cut him off.

"What are we having?" she asked.

"Aracely," he said, realizing who she was. "I didn't recognize you. You look amazing."

"Thanks," said Aracely. She pointed at his drink.

"Right," said Arlo before turning to the bartender and ordering two more drinks. He returned his attention to Aracely. "I'm still having a hard time getting over the way you look."

"I have every intention of having a good time after our meeting," said Aracely. "It's not every day I get time off like this." The bartender returned with their drinks and Aracely took a sip of hers. "Hmm, this is good."

"Yeah, if there's something I know, it's a good drink."

"So what did you want to talk about?"

"First thing I want to do is apologize for Yelena's behavior last year. She didn't mean to insult your boss."

"Do you think that's the reason the meeting with princess Irma went so badly?"

"Isn't it?"

"No," answered Aracely. "I'm sorry to break this to you, but Delfina doesn't like the world military leaders."

Arlo feigned insulted. "Not even me?"

"Especially not you."

"You're not joking?"

"No, I'm not," said Aracely. "Delfina almost hates you as much as Irma."

"Why does she hate us?"

"The same reason a lot of us don't like you. Princes and princesses shouldn't be world military leaders."

"You feel the same way?"

"Yes," said Aracely. She took another sip of her drink.

"You know you guys are in the minority," said Arlo. "We were elected."

"We might have been in the minority, but that can change."

Arlo leaned back on his seat. "I wanted to have this meeting so you could tell me how I can fix things with Delfina, but it sounds like you're not really going to help."

"It's not that I'm not going to help. It's just there's nothing you can do to fix your problem. Honestly, that's a help in itself. Now you know not to waste your time."

"Give us a break," said Arlo.

"I can understand you need a break considering two of your squadmates are in the hospital thanks to Dependency."

"Hey," said Arlo, then whispered, "Don't say that so loud. People don't know Luan is also injured. And how do you know about that anyways?"

"I have my sources. We're up to date with the world military leaders. Regardless, you guys have your hands full," said Aracely. "Go fight Dependency. We can take care of Mexico and its territories." Aracely stood up. "Delfina wanted me to pass this information along to you. Starting next year, Mexico will let their presence be known in Haiti, so we expect the world military leaders off of the island when we arrive."

"I'll pass it along to Esme," said Arlo as he glared at Aracely.

"Enjoy your night, prince Arlo," said Aracely. "This is considered the best club in Mexico." She left while Arlo turned to the bar and downed his drink.

"Having a bad night," said a woman a couple of seats away.

Arlo looked at her. "Lois Taurus," he exclaimed. "Have you been eavesdropping on our conversation?"

"I call it doing my job," said Lois. "And it seems I scored multiple stories tonight. You really should pay attention to your surroundings."

"Fuck off," said Arlo as he went to join Luka and Julia on the dance floor.