Chapter 19

MEXICO AND FRANCE NEGOTIATE OVER THE CONTROL OF THE ISLAND OF HAITI AND THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.

By L.M.Taurus

7/2/0027 UWC

12 hours before headline

Irma arrived at the Cordero estate where she found reporters and civilians waiting outside. Everyone greeted Irma with love and affection. The Mexican people were happy to see the princess of France. This was normal for Irma. She was liked all around the world. Irma and the country of France won a lot of points with the people when they were the first ones to take in the Haitian refugees.

Irma took pictures with a group of the civilians while the reporters tried to ask her questions.

"Irma," said Lois. "Are you sure France is able to support the control of the countries of Haiti and Dominican Republic?"

Irma took a picture with a little girl as both of them put a thumbs up. Irma turned her attention to Lois. "Mexico and France have been negotiating for the control of the island for a while now and I can say for a certainty that France will be able to support the people of Haiti and the Dominican Republic."

Some people applauded Irma's words, but there were people among the crowd who booed. They accused France of trying to become more powerful.

"And what do you say to the people who think this a power move?" asked Lois. "That France is trying to get more powerful."

"It's not that at all," answered Irma. "Mexico is having a difficult time taking care of Haiti and France has volunteered to help. Plus, France has a history with Haiti and it's time we make things right with them."

"We love you Irma Fountaine," yelled someone from the crowd.

"I love you too," said Irma as she made her way inside the estate. "Thank you everyone for your support. I'll continue to do my best for everyone around the world." Irma entered the estate and found world military royal guard Aracely.

"You're really good at that," said Aracely. "I guess that's why you're the world military leader."

"I'm sure it helps, but it was a team effort," said Irma. "I wouldn't be in the position I'm in if it wasn't for my squad."

Aracely clapped her hands. "Spoken like a great leader. The people are lucky to have you."

"It's good to see Aracely," said Irma as she gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Aracely had a serious look on her face.

"Is there something wrong?" asked Irma.

"No, I'm sorry," said Aracely. "Just something on my mind. Follow me. Mrs. Cordero is waiting for you." Aracely led Irma to Cordero's office where they found Delfina and Andres waiting.

"Irma," exclaimed Andres as he approached her. They kissed each other on the cheek. "It's so nice to see you."

"Likewise Andres." Irma went to Delfina and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I hope your reign has been going well."

Delfina offered Irma a seat across from. "It's been going well. Better than yours. I mean your reign as a world military leader. I think you make a great princess."

Irma didn't like the dig, but she didn't let it show. "It might look like we're having a little difficulty with the terrorist group Dependency, but it is only a matter of time before we take them down."

"I hope so," said Delfina. "The chaos they've caused around the world is unacceptable. We've made sure to stomp them out here in Mexico."

"Is that so," said Irma. "I had no idea they had any presence here in Mexico."

"That's because we have zero tolerance for terrorists in Mexico."

"It's too bad you couldn't say the same for your territories. Dependency has made their presence felt in Haiti."

"That's because we've left the safety of Haiti up to the world military leaders, but I guess that's not enough."

Irma was struggling to put up with Delfina's insults, but she continued to not show it. "Well I guess that's why we're here. The security of Haiti. France is here to help your country with its load."

"About that," said Delfina as she crossed her legs. "While I know France has been doing really well when it comes to the terrorist, we believe you are trying to take on more than you can handle."

"I can assure you that is not true. This meeting has been delayed because we were guaranteeing we could handle the control of another territory."

"Another problem with that," said Delfina. "Mexico doesn't like that France is taking the unfair advantage of having their princess as a world military leader and making their country more powerful."

"But that's not true."

"You're lucky we're not bringing this to the attention of all the world leaders, because in my opinion, you and the other two royal members of your squad should be removed from your positions."

"I have never abused my power and the only reason we're here negotiating the control of Haiti is because you told Yelena that you didn't have the means to take care of their territory."

"As you can see, that's not true," said Delfina. "Not once have our Haitian refugees been attacked by the terrorists in our country. The ones who can't do their job are you and your squad. Can't even protect the small island of Haiti and you want to criticize me."

"So this meeting was never to negotiate the leadership of Haiti?" asked Irma.

"No it wasn't," said Delfina as she stood up. "This meeting was so you know we're watching you, princess Fountaine. Keep abusing your power and we will take you down."

Irma stood up and Aracely reached for her blade. "If I was abusing my power you would have already brought up your concern to the other world leaders, not waste my time," said Irma, ignoring Aracely's defensive stance. "Your problem with me is that I'm a better leader than you and everyone knows it."

"Ha," exclaimed Delfina. "The little girl thinks she's a better leader than me," said Delfina as she looked at her husband. She turned her attention back to Irma. "Sweety, I was elected as the leader of Mexico. I didn't inherit my leadership position like you did, princess."

"I might be inheriting my leadership of France, but I was also elected to become a world military leader by my peers."

"You were elected as a world military leader because your peers thought it would look good to have a cute little princess as the face of the world military. It had nothing to do with how capable you were. The world is already seeing how incompetent the world military leaders are with the way you're handling Dependency." Delfina turned to Aracely. "Please escort the princess out. We are done here."

Irma stormed out of the room before Aracely could do anything. Aracely followed Irma out. "Your boss is a bitch," said Irma as she continued to the exit of the estate.

"I was going to warn you, but I also kinda agree with her," said Aracely. "A princess should have never been allowed to become a world military leader."

Irma stopped and looked back at Aracely. "I earned my position the same way you earned yours," said Irma. "I hope you remember that." Irma left the estate, changing her demeanor to cheery so the crowd would not think there was anything wrong.