Chapter 27

KARA SAUD LUCKY TO BE ALIVE THANKS TO MEXICAN PRESIDENT DELFINA CORDERO.

By L.M.Taurus

3/20/0028 UWC

1 day after headline

Yelena, Luka and Julia pulled up in front of the hospital where Kara was staying. The three got out of the howler. There were multiple world military soldiers standing guard around the hospital.

"Why are there so many soldiers here?" asked Julia.

"Because someone tried to kill one of us," answered Yelena. "We don't want them coming to the hospital to finish the job."

"Was it like this for Luan and Fyn as well?"

"They were lucky to be taken to a world military hospital. The enemy wouldn't have known where they were located. Sadly that is not the case for Kara."

"Babe, I think I should stay outside."

"You don't want to go in?" asked Luka.

"To be honest, I don't feel safe here."

Luka held Julia's hands. "You're probably safest here, surrounded by all these soldiers."

"I don't know about that," she said, looking at all of the soldiers. "I feel like they are having the opposite effect. Like look at me, your target is right here."

"I see her point," said Yelena. "We can have one of the soldiers escort you back to the hotel."

"Can't I just drive myself?"

"I don't recommend it," said Yelena. "If this place is being watched, the enemy knows you're attached to Luka. They can try to grab you and use you against us." Yelena called one of the soldiers over. "Can you escort Miss Cabrera back to the hotel?"

"You know my last name?" she asked, surprised.

"Yes, Luka can't stop talking about you," said Yelena. "He really likes you. I'll let you two say goodbye." Yelena walked ahead, giving them some privacy.

"I wish she hadn't said that," said Luka.

"That you really like me?" said Julia. "Because I already knew."

Luka laughed. "No, the part about me talking about you all the time."

"It's okay," said Julia. "The part that concerns me is that I'm also a target. Should I be worried?"

"Of course not," said Luka as he held her hands. "I'll be here to protect you. And if I'm not, one of my lackeys will." The soldier raised an eyebrow at his comment. "I'm kidding," Luka said to the soldier. "One of my colleagues will be around to protect you."

"I don't like the idea of having to be taken care of," said Julia.

"It's not like that."

"Not now. We'll talk about this later. Tell Kara I wish her a quick recovery." She kissed Luka and went to the howler with the soldier.

Luka joined Yelena at the hospital's entrance.

"Everything okay?" asked Yelena.

"I'm not sure," said Luka. "I think we might have a fight later."

"Over what?"

"Being looked over. The danger of being in a relationship with me. Or maybe she's just over us."

"If that's the case, she's not for you," said Yelena. "You'll eventually find the right one."

"But I really want her to be the right one."