Chapter 6

THE PARTY PRINCE ARLO WINDSOR CONTINUES TO PROVE HE'S NOT WORTHY OF HIS POSITION.

By L.M.Taurus

6/5/0026UWC

6 hours before headline

Arlo Windsor was currently in New Zealand on two assignments. One of those assignments was his usual gig as a world military leader. Arlo was the most sociable of the world military leaders which made him the perfect man to travel the world and meet with the world leaders and their royal guards. His job was to meet with them and make sure their rules were going smoothly.

Arlo's second assignment was to make sure the Haitian refugees who were relocated into New Zealand were alright. The leader of New Zealand was happy to help and the refugees were doing well in their temporary homes.

This time around, Arlo's job went perfectly and he was able to finish early. Arlo did his usual thing and found what were the party scenes in his local location.

This time he was led to downtown Wellington. He found a club named Night Cat and made that his scene for the night.

Arlo wore sunglasses and a blonde wig to help hide his identity. It was doing its job well since no one had recognised him as of yet.

Arlo was at the bar when he spotted a woman sitting across from him. Arlo ordered two drinks, one for himself and the other he told the bartender to send it to the woman. The woman seemed surprised by the drink when the bartender pointed him out. Arlo raised his drink as a toast and she returned the gesture.

Arlo took a sip of his drink and smiled when he noticed the woman making her way to him. He observed her closely. She was slim, but her emerald dress wrapped around her nicely. She had long brown hair that came down to her back. She was attractive and knew it. Everyone that she passed turned to look at her, including the women.

Arlo pulled out the seat next to him for her. She took it and raised her glass to him. They tapped each other's glasses and took a drink.

"Thanks for the drink," she said. "It's good."

"It's the least I can do since you bless me with your presence tonight."

"Nice line. I'm sure it must get you a lot of play."

Arlo raised an eyebrow. "I'll be honest with you. It's the first time I've ever used it."

"I find that hard to believe."

"I wouldn't lie to you."

"I don't know. Those sunglasses and that terrible wig scream liar."

"Hmpt." Arlo was caught by surprise and tried to look up at his wig. "I'm usually better at putting on a wig." He returned his gaze back to the woman. "I promise I'm not bald and I have great hair. I wear a wig for other reasons."

"Oh I know why you're wearing the wig, Prince Arlo Windsor."

Arlo braced himself.

"Relax Arlo. I'm not a threat to you. My name is Lois. I'm a writer with the United Global. It's my job to be able to recognise the world leaders."

"A reporter," said Arlo with disgust. He took his sunglasses off and tossed them on the bar's counter. "Are you following me?"

"Not exactly. I know you like to party. I know you were in New Zealand and I thought there was a good chance I might see you here tonight."

"Great, I'm predictable." Arlo downed his drink and called over the bartender. "One more," he said to the bartender and looked at Lois and her drink. "You want another?"