Chapter 16

REFUGEE SHELTER UNDER THE PROTECTION OF THE WORLD MILITARY ATTACKED BY DEPENDENCY.

By L.M.Taurus

4/5/0027 UWC

24 hours before headline

Fyn arrived in Ottawa, Canada from an airship where he was greeted by Esme and Luan.

"Welcome to Ottawa, Canada," said Luan with a hug.

"Thank you," said Fyn. "How did the meeting with Brodie Noble go?"

"Too early to tell," answered Esme as she gave Fyn a kiss on the cheek.

"We still have no idea if he's going to ease up on the refugees, but I don't think he's part of Dependency," said Luan.

"Shame," said Fyn. "It would have been nice to arrest that asshole."

"I don't think he's that bad," said Luan. "I think he's going about things all wrong, but I do think he cares about his people."

"Don't tell me you bonded with that bigot."

"I definitely did not," said Luan. "But I understand him. Man is getting rich off a cause he believes in. I can't blame him."

"Okay cuz," said Fyn, turning to Esme. "Why am I here if you don't think Brodie Noble is part of Dependency?"

"We got a tip that Dependency is in the area," answered Esme. "If they are here, three world military leaders are better than two."

"Alright, now where are we heading?"

"Let's start at downtown's refugee shelter," said Luan. "I would like to introduce you to the leader of their operation. She's quite impressive."

Two men came off of the airship carrying a large crate. "Sir, where do you want us to put this?"

Fyn looked at Luan and Esme. "My armor," he told them. "Where should they put it?"

"Everyone follow me," said Luan, leading them to his vehicle.

****

Fyn, Esme and Luan arrived at the shelter where they were greeted by Esterline. Luan greeted her with a hug.

"Everyone, meet Esterline," said Luan. "Esterline, these are my squadmates, Esme and Fyn."

"I know very well who they are," said Esterline. "It's an honour to meet you both."

"Esterline has been running the operation here," said Luan. "And does a great job. She's helped out a lot of people here which you can imagine is extremely hard considering this is also Brodie Noble's hometown."

Esme walked up to Esterline and offered her hand. "Thank you very much for what you've been doing here. I know it couldn't be easy."

"It's the least I could do," said Esterline, shaking her hand.

"Show us around. I would like to see how things have been running here."

"Follow me," said Esterline, leading them inside.

Luan and Fyn stayed behind. "Something up?"

"Just want to get my armor out of the vehicle," answered Fyn as he opened the trunk and pulled out the crate.

"Leave that there. We can take it to the hotel later or are you planning to get into a fight soon."

"Not at all," said Fyn as he held the crate. "I'm planning to stay the night at the shelter."