Chapter 15

WORLD MILITARY LEADER LUAN DLAMINI HAS A MEETING WITH ANTI-REFUGEE LEADER BRODIE NOBLE.

By L.M.Taurus

3/28/0027 UWC

10 hours before headline

Luan held a newspaper with the headline HAS LUKA URBAN FOUND A NEW BOO! and a picture of him and the stripper coming out of his apartment. Esme sat at the table eating breakfast as Luan looked out the window.

"I don't know how I feel about this," said Luan as held the newspaper.

"What?" asked Esme and Luan tossed her the newspaper. "Luka has a new girlfriend. That's a good thing."

"She's a stripper," said Luan. "She's hot, but she's still a stripper."

"I see," said Esme as she put the newspaper down. "If he's happy, who cares. I didn't read anything in the article mentioning her occupation so he should be good for now."

"For now is the key to that statement," said Luan. "It'll eventually come out and Luka will become a laughing stock."

"I see your point," said Esme. "I'll try to have a talk with him before that happens or maybe have Arlo talk to him. They are best friends."

Luan turned to face Esme, his back to the window. "You talk to him. I can't help thinking Arlo will encourage the relationship."

"Are you worried about Luka's feelings or the image of our squad?"

"Both."

"I'll talk to him, but if he's happy and she's not using him, I'm going to tell him to do whatever makes him happy."

"I'm surprised you don't care about our image," said Luan.

"Oh I care about our image. I care about how people feel like we're handling the terrorist group called Dependency," said Esme as she raised the newspaper. "This, I don't care about."

"They both might not be the same level of an issue, but they are both still issues."

"Let's not worry about Luka right now. What you need to worry about is your meeting with Brodie Noble. You specifically volunteered to be the one to talk to him. I need you to be at your best here."

"I will be," said Luan as he returned his attention back outside the window of Ottawa, Canada. "I've been watching this asshole carefully. I'll have my crack at him."

"That's what I'm worried about. He might be an asshole, but he is an asshole with a following. He might not be part of Dependency. If he's just a protester, I don't need you antagonizing him."

"I know Esme," said Luan. "We need a break. I'll get us one."

"Good luck. Don't punch the asshole."

Luan chuckled. "I won't." He went out the door.

****

Luan arrived outside of the Noble estate. He was very impressed by how big it was. He was annoyed to find the outside of the estate was full of reporters and they quickly recognised Luan when he arrived. The reporters swarmed him.

"Are the world military leaders here to shut down Brodie Noble's movement?" asked Lois.

"No comment," said Luan and he pushed his way through the reporters.

"Can you comment on the rumour that you're here to arrest Brodie Noble?" she asked.

Luan stopped and looked at Lois. "No," he answered. "I'm not here to arrest Brodie Noble. We don't arrest people for protesting their beliefs. I'm just here to have a conversation with him. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm sorry you guys wasted your time coming here, but there's no news story here."