Chapter 42

THE ARMORED GIRLS ATTEMPT TO ASSASSINATE BRODIE NOBLE

By L.M.Taurus

6/1/0029 UWC

1 day before headline

Ji-hun arrived at the Haitian police station in a police howler. Ji-hun was out of his armor, but still had his sword on his belt. He was heavily bandaged and his white t-shirt had blood stains on it.

In the back of the howler were Allegra and Lovelie, also out of their armors. Their armors were stashed in the trunk. There were no police officers there to meet him due to what was going on at the harbor.

Ji-hun was about to escort the girls inside when Yelena arrived.

"Ji-hun, I got here as soon as they notified me," said Yelena.

"That was quick," said Ji-hun as he stood outside the door where Lovelie sat. "I think the fighting might still be going on."

"You don't look too bad," said Yelena. "They told me you got hurt and lost your armor."

"Just a couple of scratches." Ji-hun pointed back at the girl. "They were able to blow my armor away."

"How were you able to survive that with only scratches?"

"I have skills," said Ji-hun with a smile. "Want to help bring them in."

"Glad to."

Ji-hun and Yelena escorted Allegra and Lovelie inside the police station where they found only one officer sitting at the reception desk.

The officer did a double take when he saw Yelena. "Ma'am," he said with a salute. "How can I help you?"

"We have two of the three armored girls in custody," said Ji-hun. "Mind if we put them in a jail cell."

The officer looked at Ji-hun carefully as if trying to figure out who he was.

"That's Mun Ji-hun," said Yelena. "A world military leader."

"Of course," said the officer as he shook his head. "I'm sorry sir. Didn't recognize you without your armor." The officer ran around the reception desk and opened the door that led to the back. "I'm sorry but it's been crazy. I'm the only one here," he said as Ji-hun and Yelena brought the girls to the back.

"We know," said Yelena. "He just came from the battle."

The back room was full of empty desks and cubicles.

"It's all hands on deck at the harbor," said Ji-hun. "I understand our situation." Ji-hun noticed there was a man sitting by one of the cubicles. "Can you lead us to the cells?"

"Of course sir," said the officer as he rushed.

Ji-hun and Yelena followed him to the cells which were by another set of lock doors and they locked up Allegra and Lovelie. "Good job, officer," said Ji-hun.

"Make sure they stay in there," said Yelena. "I don't want anyone talking to them other than the world military leaders."

"Are you worried about something?" asked Ji-hun.

"I don't want Delfina talking to these two," said Yelena. "I can't help but feel she would skip a trial and go straight for execution."

"You people are going to get us killed," said Allegra.

"To be fair, you tried to kill me first," said Ji-hun.

"Because you threaten to kill us first," snapped Lovelie.