Chapter 41

THE ARMORED GIRLS AND JACMEL SAINT'S SQUAD TEAM UP AGAINST MEXICO

By L.M.Taurus

5/31/0029 UWC

5 hours before headline

Leonie woke up when she heard an explosion in the distance. She jumped out of bed and went for her armor. She put her armor on and got outside of the room. There were multiple explosions in the distance.

Outside of the room she bumped into Ji-hun who was also in his armor. "Any idea where those cannon blasts are coming from?" she asked him.

"I think from the harbor," answered Ji-hun.

The two of them rushed outside where they found the rest of their squad waiting. "Do we know what's going on yet?" asked Leonie.

"One of the enemy groups is destroying the airships by the harbor, but we still don't know which," answered Kara.

"Kara, Fyn, Leonie, Ji-hun, Luan and Cairo," called Esme. "We'll head to the harbor and fight back the enemy. "Irma, Yelena, Arlo, and Luka, you four stay just in case someone tries to attack here."

Leonie, Ji-hun and Luan got in one howler while Esme, Fyn, Kara and Cairo got in another. The two groups drove to the harbor where they found the police and firefighter trying to put out the fire on the airships.

Everyone got out of their vehicles and stared at all of the destruction. Leonie was the first to react as she joined the fire fighters and tried to put the fires out. Luan and Cairo joined her while the others stood by, looking for the enemy.

"Is there anyone hurt?" Leonie asked one of the fire fighters.

"I don't think so," said the fire fighter as he and Leonie passed one bucket after another to the people next to them. "The people who attacked warned everyone before throwing molotovs at the airships."

"Who are the attackers?"

"I didn't see them."

A cannon blast was heard in the near distance and everyone ducked down.

"Keep this up," said Leonie. "I'm going to go find out where that came from."

The firefighters continued their work while Leonie, Luan and Cairo rejoined the squad. The world military leaders ran up the harbor and towards the area where they heard the last cannon blast.

"I don't think this is Dependency," said Leonie as they neared their destination. "They warned the people to leave before attacking. I don't think Dependency would do that."

"It seems like they're destroying all of the airships," said Esme. "Whoever is doing this doesn't want anyone leaving the island."

"It's probably the armored Haitian girls," said Kara.

They reached their destination and were surprised to find Renz, Bessy, Jenniflore and Beatrice throwing molotovs at an airship with the Mexican flag on it.

"Renz, Bessy," called out Cairo. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Hey former boss," said Renz. "We're just doing a little harbor cleaning." Renz tossed another molotov at the airship then pulled out his sword. He whispered something to the others that the world military leaders weren't able to make out.

Ji-hun brought out his club and sword. He made his way towards Renz as the other world military leaders hung back. "This guy is my mistake," said Ji-hun. "I'll be the one to deal with him."

Bessy, Jenniflore and Beatrice moved on ahead while Renz prepared for a fight with Ji-hun.

"Damn Ji," said Renz. "Calling me a mistake is harsh. What did I ever do to you?"