Chapter 22

THE WORLD MILITARY HAS THEIR FIRST MAJOR VICTORY OVER DEPENDENCY.

By L.M.Taurus

10/23/0027 UWC

7 hours before headline

Mun Ji-hun wore a large cloak over his armor as he entered a motel room in a remote area outside a major city in Nicaragua. Ji-hun was greeted by Esme and Kara who were also wearing their armors.

"Hello ladies," said Ji-hun as he took off his cloak.

"Hey Ji," said Kara. "You made it just in time. We're about to move in on Dependency and apparently the Kallstrom siblings too."

"Thank you for involving me on this, but can I ask, how did you find out about this meeting?"

"That's a secret I need to continue to keep," answered Esme.

"Understood," said Ji-hun. "I had completely lost track of the Kallstrom siblings. I think they left Korea when our refugees were sent to Mexico."

"Don't get your hopes up too high," said Esme. "It's still just a tip. There's a chance they might not show."

"It's still the first sign I've had in months. If they are in this country, I'll track them down."

"We'll track them down," said Kara.

An alarm went off, signaling it was 9pm. Esme shut it off. "It's time to go," said Esme as she reached for her cloak. "Remember, the Kallstrom siblings are the priority. They are way too dangerous to be left out of custody."

"But what about Dependency?" asked Ji-hun.

"Dependency is a larger group with multiple members. The ones we're seeing here aren't big dogs in the organization, hence why I'm worried about the Kallstrom siblings more."

"The Kallstrom have a higher kill count as well," said Kara. "Another reason why they can't get away tonight."

"Understood. Lead the way boss."

Esme left the motel room while her squadmates followed. The three wore cloaks over their armors as they got in the howler. Esme drove them a couple of miles into a farm area before pulling to the side of a cornfield.

The three world military leaders exited the vehicle. Esme grabbed a dark tarp from the back seat and covered the vehicle so it wouldn't be seen by any passersby.

"Where is the meeting being held exactly?" asked Ji-hun.

"In the barn on the other side of this cornfield," answered Kara. "I'll take lead. We're still a good distance away."

"I really don't want them spotting our vehicle," said Esme as she stood behind Kara. "I don't want anything spooking them."

"We'll get them," said Kara.

"I see why you didn't involve the others," said Ji-hun. "Too many world military leaders in the same country would spook them from evening having their meeting."

"Exactly," said Esme. "Let's move."

Kara led through the cornfield. The three moved at a steady pace so as not to cause too much movement in the cornfield. They didn't want any lookouts spotting them. As they got closer to the farm, the slower they went, coming to a stop right before exiting the cornfield. They used the field to hide themselves as the three got to the ground.

The farm's lights were all off and at first sight, didn't seem like there was anyone there. The three stayed quiet as they scanned the area.

"There," whispered Kara. "On the roof." The three looked to the roof of the house and saw a man with binoculars looking into the distance.