Chapter 1

It's already been two weeks since the new year begun. The joyful atmosphere brought by the previous holidays slowly begun to perish. Time seems to be moving so fast and things are rapidly changing.

In a room, a certain tall girl was packing her clothes into her huge ass suitcase. She had been living in her parents' house for the past nine months. She thought that it was time for her to go back on her own home. Besides, she's already as fine as a bull. The last thing she want is to be a burden to her parents for the rest of her life. It is time for her to get back to where she was nine months ago.

"I already told you that we don't mind if you stay here forever. You are our only child after all," the middle-aged woman tried convincing her daughter but instead of stopping, the girl just kept on stuffing her suitcase with her things.

"Mom, how am I supposed to get back to where I was if I keep on depending on you. Besides, I'm fine now. I can already handle myself. Maybe after a month, I can already go back to work," she said and finally zipped her suitcase. She put it down beside her bed and sat down.

"I'm just worried about you. We almost lost you, Lisa. I was so scared."

The woman said and sighed. Everytime she remember what happened before, it doesn't fail to give her chills. She probably got traumatized seeing her child looking so lifeless, bathing on her own blood. That moment, she didn't know what to do. She felt like she was gonna loose her mind.

"Mom, I know but it won't happen again. I just want to be independent again and who knows maybe, it'll help me recover some things. You don't have to worry so much, I'll just call you more often to help you feel at ease."

"Okay, you can go back to your house but for one condition," her mom said which made her curious.

"What is it then?" she asked.

Her mom sighed and said,"You are not allowed to drive temporarily. Let Mr. Yang drive for you no matter where you're going."

It's not like she wanted to drive anyway. So she nodded then she replied,"Sure, I can live with that."

She stood up and begun dragging her suitcase.

"Take care of yourself, okay? You should eat healthy foods. Don't just eat junkfoods and fast foods always. Also, don't stress yourself too much and never forget to take your vitamins," The woman reminded her daughter like a mother, sending her kid to a camp.

"Mom, I'm not a kid. I know what to do. Stop worrying too much about me or else, you'll get more wrinkles," Lisa said and chuckled.

"You can't blame me for being like this. You're our only child, I have no one else to give my attention to unless you give me a grandchild," Her mom said and shrugged her shoulders. Was it a signal?

"I'm still young, y'know."

She's only twenty-four, so what's the rush. Besides, she don't even have a girlfriend yet, or does she? Nah, it's not likely because if she have one, then she would have showed up nine months ago to at least check if she was still alive. Her parents and friends also told her that she had always been single. So, that should be it.

"Alright, you go now. I'll just visit you there often."

"Yeah, it's not like I'll be living in a different country. It's only few kilometers away," she laughed.

Her mom send her off and told the driver to take care of her. She don't want to hear the same terrifying news again. After settling down inside the car, the driver started the engine and drove off in an instant. She was silent during the ride. Well, it's not like she have something to say to Mr. Yang. She just stared outside the window, watching things they're passing by.