Chapter 38

When one of the twins woke up, the other one also did. So, they ended up getting them both from the bed to bring them downstairs with them.

"Dada, hungry," Luna said and laid her head on Lisa's shoulder. "Oh I just remembered that Heejin and I cooked stir-fried octopus. Do you want to have some?" Jennie asked Lisa.

"Mama, I want some too," Aelia said, then her sister butted in, saying "Me too."

"Oh no, you can't have it. Mama and Auntie Heejin made it spicy. Sorry babies, we'll just ask Auntie Jiwoo to make something else for you," Jennie said apologetically.

"Mmkay," the girls said in unison. "Are they allergic to seafoods or anything?" Jennie asked because she don't want to feed them foods without knowing that they are allergic to it.

"None so far. Mom had allergies from peanuts, they're lucky they didn't get it," Lisa said and chuckled.

"Some our relatives have allergies to seafoods. Oh even my mom, she's allergic to shrimp. So, I wasn't able get a taste of it until I was nineteen. Gahd, I still remember how scared I was the first time I tried it. I really thought I was allergic to it as well, it turned out that I wasn't and I was happy of course," Jennie said and smiled while reminiscing those memories. Those were the times when she was beginning to rebel against her parents.

"Did your mom find out?" Lisa asked. Jennie sighed and said, "Of course, one of the maids snitched on me. She was so angry and she got me grounded. I think she was just jealous that I could eat shrimps and she can't." Both of them laughed and so did the twins even though they didn't fully understand what their mother just said.

When they got to the kitchen, they caught Heejin eating stir-fried octopus by herself. She got surprised to see them that she dropped her chopsticks.

Lisa and Jennie just looked at each other and laughed. "What's with that look?" Jennie asked their cousin who looks like she just got caught stealing.

"Sorry sis, I was so hungry and I just couldn't help myself," the girl said apologetically. Jennie chuckled before saying, "What are talking about? It's totally fine."

Jennie and Lisa put their babies to their seats and they also grabbed theirs. Then Jiwoo started serving them foods. And so they begun eating. Jennie was about to feed Luna but the girl pushed her hand and said, "No mama, I'm a big girl now. I can do it on my own."

"Me too, we eat without help," Aelia agreed to her sister.

"Really? That's great," Lisa said, praising their children.

"Okay then, be careful. It's alright to make a mess though. Mama and Dada's gonna help you clean up later anyway," Jennie reminded them. When she was just little, she wasn't allowed to spill even a little drop of her water or a little piece of crumb because her parents always said that ladies should learn proper etiquette and table manners even at a young age.

It was tough for a little girl because at that age, making mistakes was inevitable. That made a huge impact to her life and she don't want her children to experience the same thing. They are kids, so they're going to let them be kids.

"Sis, they're actually just trying to impress you," Heejin said, teasing the twins.

"Auntie Jinjin!" the two whined and the grown ups just laughed at them. "Auntie is just joking. Go on, continue eating," Jennie said.

And so they continued eating diligently, unconsciously proving Heejin's claim. Since they are all gathered in the table, Jennie suddenly think of telling them about their plans on enrolling the kids to a kindergarten this year. Also, she want to tell them about her, going back to Paris three days from now.