Chapter 40

"What? You mean the twins are missing?" Jennie's mom asked and she surprisingly sounded worried which is odd unless she's just good at acting.

"Stop asking, I know that you know where they are, Mrs. Kim," Jennie said coldly. "What are you talking about, Jennie? We have nothing to do with it. If we wanted to do anything with them then we would have done it years ago. Stop blaming us for your negligence!" Her father replied.

"I don't believe you. You already tried to kill them multiple times before, you can't easily convince me that you're innocent. You are doing this to control my life again, right?" Jennie said while Lisa was rubbing her back.

"Jennie, did you really think that when you left years ago, we wouldn't find you? We knew you were in Paris. We knew everything you were doing there. If we really wanted to do what you were saying just now, we would have done it years ago. You can say whatever you want right now but we can't tell you where your kids are because we don't know," Jennie's mom said seriously. It made Jennie think for a while. The woman got a point too.

Honestly, she also thought that it was odd that they haven't find her even after all those years but she just thought all this time she was hiding very well. It could be true that they just didn't try to do something. However, no matter how much she think of it, she still couldn't trust them. After all, they were the first people who tried to harm the babies.

Lisa leaned on Jennie's ear and whispered, "Baby, they could be telling the truth."

"We admit that we took your children after you gave birth to them but that was only because we thought that if you'll think that your child died, you'll stay and finally agree to marry Hanbin. Believe it or not Jennie, I regret what I did," Her mom said sincerely but she still refuse to believe that her mom's words could be genuine.

"Really? Regret? I don't think that belongs in your vocabulary, Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Even if you cry a bucket of blood, I would never forgive you. You ruined my life! You ruined everything. I'll leave for now but the moment we find out that you're the one behind this again, I swear I will make your lives a living hell!" Jennie exclaimed before walking out of the room.

Lisa followed her and immediately hugged her as soon as they got out. When they got back to the car, Jennie broke down in tears. After almost five years, she's came back to the hell she used to live in. Not only that she's fuming mad, coming to the place brought back unnecessary memories that she thought that she already forgot.

"I'm sorry, baby. I underestimated the situation. I should have listened to you when you said that they could be in danger. I promised to protect them but I failed," Lisa said before biting her lower lip to prevent herself from breaking down as well.

"No, it's not your fault. We—we just want to live a normal life. Why can't they let us? I'm just so fucking tired. I'm scared, baby. I'm so scared I badly want to see our babies. Even their voices would be enough to make me feel even just a little better. What should we do?" Jennie said anxiously.

"We're going to go home first. Let's go see my mom and let's ask her what exactly happened. She could have a clue on whoever took our kids," Lisa suggested. Jennie nodded inanimately.

A few moments later...

"Mom, where did you last saw them?" Lisa asked her crying mother. The woman sobbed before saying, "I took them to the park because the said they wanted to play and make new friends. I was buying them ice cream but when I came back, they were gone. I swear I tried to look for them everywhere but I couldn't find them."

"Which park is it?" Jennie asked. "Yongsan Family Park," Mrs. Manoban answered.

"Did you try looking at the CCTV footages nearby?" Lisa asked.