Chapter 3

Lisa's parents immediately rushed inside her house as soon as they arrived. And they were both surprised to see that their daughter indeed have two babies with her.

They were just as confused as Lisa. They were pretty sure that Lisa have never been with a girl so how is this even possible? Did they miss something or is this some kind of a scam?

"Mom, what will I do with them?" Lisa asked softly, afraid that the babies would wake up and cry again.

"Oh my gosh, I'm just as clueless as you," Chittip uttered.

"Are they really your children, Lisa?" Her dad asked while looking at the babies.

"I already said that I don't know. I have no idea. Is someone pranking me?" Her forehead creased as she speak.

"There's one way to find out," The mother said as she walk towards Lisa and the babies.

"What?"

"You should do DNA test. For now, you have to take care of these kids. Poor little munchkins, why would their mother even leave them just like that?" Her mom said and  looked at the babies empathetically.

The temperature outside is freezing, how can someone wander around carrying two new born babies? Couldn't they at least wait until the weather is already fine. For goodness sake, the babies are only three days old, they haven't even completely developed their immune system. They could easily get sick.

"I don't know, mom. I really don't know. I'm trying hard to analyze all these bullshits but damn, it's only making my head hurt. I really don't know what to do at this point," she face-palmed and sighed.

"Don't force yourself, darling. We'll figure this out. Mom and dad's here to help you," the woman said and rubbed her back soothingly.

"What if they're really my kids? I-I don't know how to be a parent. I swear to God, I never expected this to happen. I'm so not prepared for this," she anxiously said.

For goodness sake, she's only twenty-four, and never been in a relationship. She don't have younger siblings or at least baby cousins. So, she don't have any idea on how to deal with kids. She's even a kid herself!

"If they're your kids, then we'll take care of them. We will help you raise them," Marco said to reassure her.

"What if I mess up?"

"Lisa, you need to calm down. It's gonna be fine. Besides, everything can be learned. Your dad and I had also been through it but we managed to raise you well. We believe that you can also be a good parent," Chittip said while looking at Lisa comfortingly. She needs her daughter to stop freaking out because it wouldn't do them any good.

"And if they're not mine, what should we do?" She asked.

"Well, it's up to you. If they aren't your children yet you still want them, then you can adopt them. And if you decide not to be in their lives, then we could bring them to an orphanage." It was her dad who answered.

She unconsciously stared at the babies, shifting her gaze from them alternately. Suddenly, the thought of giving them up made her mood decline. But she shook those unnecessary feelings because for now, she don't want to feel any attachments to the babies yet.

They're still not sure if she's really the father of the two. So, there is still a huge possibility that they'll be taken away from her someday by the real parents. When that time comes, it'll be complicated and it will only hurt her. So, to protect her heart, she must not get smitten by those two adorable sunshines no matter how cute they are.

But if the DNA test tells them that she's the father, only then, she'll have a complete right to keep them. She'll no longer hold herself back.

"Mom, what if this is connected to what happened nine months ago?" She suddenly said which made her parents think.