Chapter 8

"I love you Priya."

It was like someone whispered right into her ear, making her shoot up in her bed. It felt so real and that voice feels so familiar yet she can't remember who it belongs to. Could it be the twins' mom? But who is she?

She doesn't even remember anyone who calls her that way. If she would be honest, she hates that name. She hates her second name, Pranpriya in general. She cringes every time somebody tries to call her that.

Who would dare to say it?

Wait, is it even a fragment of her lost memories or is it just a dream? She tried hard to recall things before the accident again but it was another failure. Her head only hurt. So, she had no choice but to shrug it off again.

She reminded herself that her memories will come back if they were meant to come back. Besides, if it was a part of her memories, isn't it a good sign? It was her first time dreaming of something like that and it seems to be an improvement.

She just wonders if those memories will continue to resurface. But if they don't, it's okay. She has her kids now if their mother wants to see them, then it's okay but if she doesn't then it's her loss. She'll just make the best memories with her babies.

She stretched her body and eventually got out of her bed. The first thing she did was to check on her little pumpkins who were still fast asleep in their cot. She wanted to kiss them but nah, she don't want her morning breath to stick to their chubby cheeks. So, she went to the bathroom first and brushed her teeth.

When she got back, Luna was already awake and licking her sister's face. Aelia seemed to be unbothered though. Although her name means sunlight, she likes sleeping in the mornings, unlike Luna who wakes up earlier. Sometimes Luna even wakes up earlier than everyone in the house. Now, Lisa feels like she interchanged their names.

"Good morning my darling, Luna. Stop licking your sister's face," Lisa said and giggled which made the baby glance at her but eventually got back to what she was doing previously.

Lisa can't help but shake her head in disbelief. It looks like she'll have a hard-headed little girl. No, Luna is just playful.

By the way, Lisa began working back on her father's company a few days ago because she can feel that she could leave the twins to Irene and Jiwoo already. Besides, she can't keep staying at home unemployed. How can she raise her kids if she doesn't have money? It's not like she can keep on depending on her parents.

Anyway, before she gets to work, she always bathes the twins first when necessary. It's kind of serves as their bonding time as well before she leaves. And that is what she is going to do now.

Since Luna is already awake, Lisa picked her up from the cot and decided to bathe her first since the other one is still sleeping anyway. She brought the girl with her into the bathroom. Then, she grabbed the baby tub with one hand and filled it up with warm water on the sink.

After that, she wrapped Luna's body with a damp cloth. Then, lowered the infant's lower body into the water, letting her splash the water with her little feet. Soon after, she began washing from the girl's face, head, neck, and then she continued her way downwards.

"Do you like the water, baby?" She asked, then Luna just cooed and kicked her little feet through the water.

"I'll take that as a yes," Lisa said and chuckled. Luna surprisingly gave her a gummy smile.

"Oh, you're smiling. Yeah, keep showing those gums!" She hyped and peppered the infant's face with butterfly kisses.

After a few more minutes, she finally finished bathing Luna. She put the girl on her diaper and put on a little onesie on her. She put the baby back into the cot and picked up Aelia.