Chapter 23

Later that day, they went back to the mainland and Lisa secretly bought condoms because she was so damn sure that it wasn't the last time. It's better safe than sorry.

Meanwhile, Jennie asked someone to take a photo of them without Lisa knowing. She wanted to keep that as a remembrance. It's just that Lisa hates taking pictures of herself. So, she had to sneakily do it.

That very same day, she posted that picture out of impulse because she was so happy. However, she forgot to set it on private. She also didn't mind checking it again before they went back to the island.

When they got back to the cabin, they ate, and guess what happened next? Yeah, they made love again. And since then, they had been doing it again and again like they couldn't get enough of each other.

Today is their thirteenth day on the island together.

Everything seems to be going smoothly. They became sweeter and happier each day. Although they weren't officially in a relationship yet, it already felt like it. Slowly, they've begun talking about each other and their experiences in life.

Lisa almost forgot that it was almost two weeks and that her requested leave will already be done. The next day, she would have to go back to Seoul and work again. However, now that she met Jennie, she started to become hesitant about leaving. She doesn't want to be away from the woman just yet. Two weeks is so not enough.

"Nini, will you come with me when I go back home?" Lisa asked which made Jennie pause for a while.

Then the latter said, "I can't" before heaving a deep sigh. Lisa got up from her seat and went to Jennie, hugging the girl from behind as she says, "Why? Two weeks isn't enough, Jennie. I want to be with you more. Y-you can move in with me."

"As much as I want to, I really can't," Jennie said. Now, she's starting to get emotional because weeks are indeed not enough for them. She wants to be with Lisa too. However, if she goes with the latter, they'll get in trouble. She doesn't want Priya to be involved with her family's issues. They might do something bad to her.

She can't put Lisa's life in danger just because she wants to be happy.

"You don't trust me yet, right?" Lisa asked but she wasn't gaslighting. She just felt like they really didn't have enough trust for each other and it isn't something to wonder about because they've only been with each other for thirteen days.

"It's not that. It's just that I can't go back. I shouldn't leave here. Just come with me to Paris," Jennie said after turning to face Lisa.

"I don't know. Will that work?" Lisa asked. To be honest, she's not sure if things will be better for them in Paris because going there would mean she'd be jobless for a while and she can't guarantee that she'll find a job easily.

Other than that, she also doesn't know much about that city.

"We can work things there. I have a lot of friends there. They can help us. Priya, let's build a life there together."

"I'll think about that but I have to tell my friends and family about you first. They should know what's going on with my life," Lisa said, indirectly asking for permission because Jennie told her before not to tell anyone about her and their whereabouts.

"But please, only tell the people you trust. Don't let other people know," Jennie said worriedly.

The more people who know means the bigger possibility it would be for her parents to find her.