Chapter 22 - M

"Where are you taking me?" Jennie asked because Lisa said they were going somewhere.

"To the field of chamomiles nearby. I swear it's beautiful but not as beautiful as you, though," Lisa said and smiled at Jennie.

Jennie on the other hand blushed and hit Lisa's arm lightly. Then she said, "What a charmer."

Just a few more minutes later, Jennie gasped in awe when she saw the field of chamomiles. She ran towards it happily and Lisa followed behind her with a smile of satisfaction written all over her face.

"Wow, I didn't know this exist here?" Jennie said as she ran her hands through the flowers that she passes by.

"Maybe because you didn't try to explore the island," Lisa said as she spread a blanket across the green grasses.

Jennie went next to her and sat on the blanket. Lisa took out the food from the basket and put them in front of them.

Today actually marks their tenth day on the island together and the fifth day since Lisa began courting Jennie. Lisa came up with the idea of having a picnic with the other girl since the weather look good. Besides, she has been wanting to take Jennie there anyway.

"Right, whenever I am here on the island, I prefer staying inside the cabin. I was always alone anyway. So, how would I enjoy going around here? Besides, what if something bad happens to me while exploring, then no one would help me," Jennie explained.

"Right, you have a good point but I am here now. I'll explore places with you if you want," she said gave the shorter girl a sweet smile.

"I just know that being with you would make anywhere a better place," Jennie said and she laid down with her head on Lisa's lap.

"Even if we go to a stinky sewer?" Lisa asked like a kid. And she chuckled before saying, "Yeah, even a stinky sewer."

Lisa kept on feeding Jennie some grapes while the latter was reading a novel.

"What are you reading by the way?" Lisa asked out of curiosity because Jennie seemed to be so hooked on what she was reading.

"This is a book given to me by a friend. The title is It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover. I can't tell you how it goes yet because I only started reading it but it seems to be about a girl who had an abusive father and a guy who seems to have violent urges because of his past," Jennie answered without taking her eyes off the book.

"Isn't that a bit of irony? Shouldn't she stay away from people like her father?" Lisa asked.

"Yes, that's what I was thinking, too but I don't want to judge the guy yet because I'm only at the beginning. Who knows, he might not hurt her."

"One thing is for sure Jennie, I would never hit you. Maybe, I might hurt you with my words unintentionally but I will never hurt you physically," Lisa said as she locks her hand with Jennie's.

"I know, baby," Jennie said and smiled.

They stayed like that for a couple of minutes, just enjoying the cool breeze and each other's company.

Then, a sudden thought suddenly popped out in Jennie's head, making her sit down. Lisa just looked at her as if waiting for her to talk.

"When I go to Paris, are you willing to come with me?" Jennie asked but honestly, she's not expecting Lisa to say yes because they've only been with each other for ten days and they aren't even dating officially yet. She just wants to hear what the girl thinks about it.