Chapter 42

Everyone was happy when the twins finally got home. Lisa's mom apologized to the twins and the parents multiple times although Lisa already told her that it was over. It's probably going to take a long time until the woman forgives herself completely for being irresponsible at that moment.

About Hanbin, he's still nowhere to be found. They asked the old woman if she know where he went but she had no idea. The guy just dropped the sleeping twins off at the flower shop and gave her a number saying that it was Lisa Manoban's number and that she should call it because she's the children's guardian. Then he left instantly before the old woman could even ask anything.

They literally have no idea why Hanbin just left the twins like that but they are glad that he didn't seem to hurt them. They seem to be even more scared of getting scolded than what they have experienced. So, they're guessing that Hanbin didn't use violence against them. Only the twins could explain what happened but they haven't talked about it yet since they got home.

Jennie fed them and let them rest first because she didn't want to stress them. They'll just ask them later when they wake up. Although the kids seemed to be fine, Jennie and Lisa couldn't help but be scared that they might be traumatized.

"Should we let them undergo therapy?" Jennie asked Lisa while watching their babies sleep peacefully. Lisa shrugged her shoulders before saying, "I don't know but I think we should let a psychiatrist see them just to be sure."

For the nth time, Jennie sighed and buried her face into the crook of Lisa's neck. The latter rubbed her girlfriend's back soothingly and said, "They'll be fine, baby. Everything's going to be fine. The police are already doing everything to find Hanbin. He won't get the chance to get near you or our babies ever again. We'll make sure of that."

"Love, why do you think he left the twins there? I mean on the granny's flower shop? Why didn't he call us to tell us what he wants? I mean I'm glad that he didn't seem to hurt our babies but why did he go easy?" Jennie asked out of the blue. That question had been on her mind since the moment she found out where the twins are.

"You know I've been wondering about the same thing, my love. I really can't answer that but maybe his conscience worked on him. Besides, look at these angels, they're so adorable and innocent. He probably felt guilty which made him just give up on what he was planning to do," Lisa assumed. "Maybe, you're right."

"Baby, should we hire a bodyguard for them? I'm not anticipating something like that to happen again but I just want to make sure that they're safe and sound," Jennie suggested. Lisa kissed the top of her head before saying, "Love, when I didn't listen to you before, something bad happened. Now, I will agree with your idea."

Just a few minutes later, Aelia yawned and slowly opened her eyes. "Mama?" She called as soon as she opened her mouth. Jennie immediately held the kid's hand and said, "Hi baby, mama's just here. What's wrong?"

"Mama, in my dream dada and uncle Hanbin is fighting," Aelia answered, then she sat up on her bed.

"That is probably going to happen in real life," Lisa mumbled but the little girl heard it and said, "No dada, don't fight with uncle Hanbin. He is not that bad, dada. He is just sad because no one loves him."

"What? But he took you away from us. That was bad, baby. He should be punished. What did he do to you and Moon? Did he hurt you or say mean things to you?" Lisa replied.

"Uncle Hanbin didn't try to hurt us. Oh, he did push Moon but he said he didn't mean it. Other than that, nothing else. He also said mean things, dada but not about us, it's about you. He said that you are dumb and poor but that is not true," Aelia said. Lisa looked at her daughter confusedly.