Chapter 28

"Mrs. Kim, I heard she's back," Hanbin said before sipping on his tea.

"Where is she?" The woman asked. She can't believe for three years, her daughter finally decided to come back.

"Where else? In the Manobans, of course. For sure, she already met her daughters by now. Shouldn't you be regretting that you asked me to send the twins to Lisa? Because if you didn't, you could've had leverage to wrap her around your fingers," He scoffed.

"You know exactly why we did it. Your parents wouldn't let the wedding go forward because of the kids." She said after heaving a sigh.

"Then you should've just gotten rid of them while Jennie was still pregnant."

"You think I didn't try that? That stubborn girl is just too smart. She wouldn't let go of her children."

She shook her head as she remember how desperate she was to kill her own grandchildren before...

"My, my, look who's back. What did you even get from running away, Jennie? You know you should just listen to us because what we're doing is for your own good. That's what you should plant inside your little head," Mrs. Kim said as soon as she saw Jennie walking through the door followed by Hanbin.

Jennie glared at her mother and smirked then she said, "Happiness mother, I found happiness and that I would never ever feel whenever I am here!"

"How dare you speak to me like that!" A slap landed straight on Jennie's face. Jennie shot sharp gazes at her mother before heading straight to her room without uttering anything.

Jennie locked herself up for weeks inside her room. She didn't even try to leave because she'll only tire herself. She's sure as hell that her parents tightened the security around the vicinity. So, what's the point in trying?

The maids just give her food but she doesn't even eat much.

Most of the time she was just crying and staring at the ceiling wondering if Lisa was still mad at her and if the latter is doing fine. There were times that she think about running away again and leaving the country with the girl but then reality always slap her that it's not as easy as she thinks. Doing so would only bring them trouble or might even get Lisa killed.

One day when Jennie was just laying in bed, as usual, the door from her room opened revealing her ill-tempered father.

"What do you want?" Jennie asked nonchalantly without even sparing a glance at the man.

"Get up and fix yourself. Hanbin and his parents are coming. We'll talk about your upcoming wedding during the dinner," he said.

Jennie wanted to laugh sarcastically because damn, he didn't even ask how she was doing. He really never fails to disappoint her. What does she expect?

"I'm not in the mood," she replied and turned to her side with her back facing her father.

"Don't make me drag me you out of here," he warned.

"I don't want to get married to him! How many times am I going to say it to all of you? I'm so fucking tired. Can you'll just leave me alone?" She yelled.

He scoffed and tauntingly said, "I know that person you were with when you were in Busan, Jennie. You know what I could do to her." And that's what frightened her. She'd rather let them do anything to her but not to her Priya. She can't let anything happen to the only person who made her happy.

"No! Don't you dare mess with her!" She said and got up abruptly, making her feel a bit dizzy.

"Then you should know how to behave," the man said before walking out of the room.