Chapter 19

A couple of minutes after eating, they headed towards the mainland through one of the boats that Jennie own. It took almost an hour until they got there and Lisa was so exhausted from paddling.

She was about to say something when Jennie said, "Don't complain, you're the one who wanted to come here."

"Because I didn't know it would be this exhausting. Why didn't you have a boat with an engine?" Lisa pouted. Jennie did take turns paddling but not as much as Lisa because she easily gets tired.

"The guy who sent us to the island used my speed boat, remember? But it's fine, we'll use it later. I'll just text him to swap," Jennie said.

"Thank God because if I still do the paddling later, I think my arms would fall off already?"

"Let's go, I suddenly got hungry."

They immediately went headed to the skywalk. But before getting there, they had stop-overs to some nearby stalls.

"Do you eat tteokbokki?" Lisa asked because she saw a stall of street foods.

"Of course, I often buy street foods when I'm here. Come on, I want to eat. And oh, you can eat as many as you can, it's my treat and kind of compensation for making your paddle. Sorry, I wasn't much of a help. It's just that I easily get tired and out of breath," Jennie said sincerely.

"Hey, it's fine. I understand but I won't decline your offer," Lisa replied and giggled.

"Let's go," Jennie said and she dragged Lisa by the wrist as she ran towards the stall.

They kept on eating tteokbokki, hoteok, odeng, and corn dogs without minding how many sticks they consumed. Jennie said that Lisa can eat no matter how many she likes, so she seized the opportunity.

"You're a cheap date," Jennie said and chuckled before eating her fifth stick of tteokbokki.

"Cheap date? I already ate twenty-five sticks of random street foods," Lisa said.

"That's still so cheap. I can even buy this stall if I want," Jennie said and giggled.

"You have a nice job, do you?" Lisa asked. Then Jennie just shrugged her shoulders.

"Stop eating already. You might have a stomach ache later." Jennie took the odeng from Lisa's hand.

"But you said, I can eat as many as I want," she pouted like a five-year-old kid.

"I'm taking it back. You can't eat as many as you can because these are street foods, eating too much can be harmful. Do you understand?" Jennie said as if she was talking to a child.

"Fine."

Jennie ate the odeng she took from Lisa and then paid for all that they ate. After that, Jennie spotted daisies on a flower stall. So, she headed towards there. Lisa just tailed behind her cluelessly.

"What are we doing here?" Lisa asked quizzically.

"Buy flowers of course," Jennie said nonchalantly.

"Hi ladies, what flower would you like to buy?" The old lady who owned the stall asked.

"I'd love a bouquet of those pretty daisies," Jennie said and smiled as she pointed the daisies.

"You like daisies?" Lisa asked. And Jennie replied, "Yes, it's my favorite flower." Then she smiled.

"Just wait a minute, alright?" The old woman said.