Chapter 7

It was already nine in the evening when Kai got back home. When he went inside the house, he didn't see Jennie around. So, he naturally thought that the latter was already asleep. He went upstairs to check on the girl and his heart ached to see that she was bawling on the edge of her bed.

She's hugging that same baby onesie again. She probably misses her child. Then it hit him, it's his niece' supposedly the first month too. Now, he's contemplating whether he'd give the cake and the polaroid to her. He's afraid that by giving the photo of twins, he would only make Jennie feel worse. He doesn't want to be insensitive or something.

So, he stepped back and just leave the poor woman alone for a while. Maybe, she needs time for herself. What she's going through is not easy, especially since the baby's father doesn't even seem to give a damn about the baby, let alone Jennie.

He just went to the dining room and placed the box which seem to be containing a cake and he put the polaroid right on top of it. Then he went to his room first so he could change his clothes. Later, he wants to talk to his cousin to comfort her.

She's really vulnerable now. Sometimes she wants Jennie to go out and have fun for a while so she could at least feel better even just for a short period. However, she refuses to do so. She just gets out of the house when she's taking care of the documents that are needed for her departure. Other than that, she stays at home and most of the time she's just in her room.

He's starting to get worried. Maybe, he should bring his girl over so she could accompany Jennie sometimes. Oh, yeah, he already has a girlfriend. He and Krystal had been dating for a while now but he hasn't mentioned it to Jennie yet. Maybe it's good timing. He'll introduce Krystal and Jennie to each other, hopefully, they will get along well with each other. Then they could do girls' stuff which he couldn't relate to but he won't mind.

Meanwhile, Jennie decided to pull herself together. Her baby won't want to see her like this if she's around. She already finished preparing to go to bed earlier but she just remembered her baby suddenly that's why it happened.

Now, she's wondering if Kai already arrived. She didn't know if he was still on his way or she just didn't notice the sound of the car arriving because she was inside her own world. Well, it's happening to her a lot of times already since she lost her baby. Like, when she's crying or spacing out, she couldn't seem to care about whatever is happening around her.

Going back, she heaved a sigh first before going out of her room. When she got out, she didn't see Kai anywhere and she immediately thought that it was either he was still not around or he was already in his room.

So, she went to check on him but when she was already near, she could hear his shower pouring. It means he's already there, probably taking a shower. She wonders what the twins' party was like. Never mind, she'll probably just chat with LM tomorrow on that online site.

She hopes that they liked her gifts tho.

Before she goes back to her room, she decided to go to the kitchen first to grab herself some water since she got thirsty after crying her heart out. She got to rehydrate too.

When she got to the dining area, she noticed a box lying on the table. She got curious, so she checked it out only to see a polaroid on it. Her eyes widen when she saw it. It was a photo of Aelia and Luna. She couldn't be wrong because their names were there in the picture.

While staring at the polaroid, she couldn't decide what she would feel. She doesn't know whether she'd be happy to finally see what they looked like or be sad with the idea that her baby is supposed to be as big as them already if only she didn't leave too soon.