Chapter 14

It's been five months since Jennie left but Lisa was still unable to find her. It was either she used a private jet or she used a fake name to book a flight.

She had been sending messages to the latter through that site they used to talk to but it seems like Jennie also abandoned that account already.

The only easiest option they have now is to find her cousin, Kai. That is what they are currently up to now. The information that Lisa gathered when she back-read her conversation with Jennie on that certain site is useful enough.

Jennie mentioned there that from her location to Seoul is a 2-hour ride and is more than 200 kilometers but not less than 300 kilometers away. Jennie used to live with Kai before leaving the country. So, if they find where that place is, then they can find Kai as well. Kai must know where his cousin was going. So, he's the only hope.

Now, they had been checking out the places that fit the description.

The most possible areas are Gwangju, Pohang, Gyeongju, Miryang, Jinju, Naju, Suncheon, and Gwangyang because the rest of the areas are in the North which would be impossible.

Mr. Lee and his men are now looking around Gwangju and in the next few days, they'll move to another area if they fail to locate Kai. It is highly unlikely that his real name is Kai. So, it's a bit of a difficulty.

Now, Lisa is regretting that she doesn't ask names and numbers from people that she associate with. If she only knew that it would be useful today, she would've thrown away her pride then.

The twins are currently six months old. They are also developing well. In fact, they can already imitate some sounds that they hear around them. They can also sit on their own already.

Just a few days ago, Lisa already introduced them to sippy cups since they can already grasp objects with their hands. Also, they can already recognize their names.

As they grow up, they look so much like their mother. Lisa can't help but wonder how that woman is doing out there somewhere. Like, is she doing fine? Does she miss her kids? Something like that.

Months ago, Lisa found out that Jennie Ruby Jane Kim was indeed the one and only child of the founders of JK Group of Companies. In other words, she is the only heir of their family. She's a 26-year old brunette who graduated from Yonsei University, the most expensive school in South Korea.

Jeongyeon was right about her parents being strict and too controlling because although Jennie wanted to be a model, they forced her to study business management. She wasn't happy about it but she respected them. So, she did what they wanted and just accepted her fate.

They'd put her in intense training and lock her up in their mansion, preventing her from hanging out with her friends because they believe that they'd badly influence her. She had been enduring everything that her parents are putting her into but she had enough of their bullshits when they decided to pair her up with their friend's son.

They wanted her to marry that man that she doesn't even know well.

Yes, Lisa found out that Jennie was bound to be married to someone else. She connected that information from that one memory. And she's assuming that it was related to what happened in Busan.

Maybe, she found out about Jennie and that guy.

Sometimes she's wondering what could have happened if only she stayed that day and listened to Jennie's explanations. Maybe she wouldn't be in that accident or maybe they would still be together.

But until when though? Jennie's parents are so powerful, even if she stayed that time, they would still do everything they could to tear them apart. It wouldn't even be hard for them to do so.