Chapter 24

Lisa bolted upright in bed panting and sweating. The dream she had was so vivid that she could almost feel the pain. Her heart was clenching while she was catching her breath in hyperventilation. Suddenly, she felt so light-headed.

"Irene!" She yelled, calling out to the maid. She held her chest and tears were still falling from her eyes.

"Irene! Water!" She yelled again, in case the woman failed to hear her. A few seconds later, Irene replied, "I'm coming, Miss." And Lisa could hear someone's footsteps coming upstairs.

Irene came through the door panting while holding a glass of water in her hand. Lisa gestured to give the water and so she did.

"Are you okay, Miss?" Irene asked worriedly. It was the first time she saw Lisa this way and it was frightening her. Instead of answering, Lisa gulped down the water and tried to calm herself down.

"Nightmare," she mumbled underneath her breath but Irene heard it.

"Do you need something else, Miss?" The maid asked.

"No, where are the twins?" She asked when she noticed that the twins weren't in the room anymore.

"They are already eating downstairs, Miss," Irene answered.

"Okay, you can go now," She said and the maid nodded before leaving. She sighed and tried to pull herself together before heading towards the bathroom.

She washed her face with water and looked at herself in the mirror and murmured, "I remember everything."

She blinked a couple of times as she recalled a part of her dream which is actually the fragments of her memories.

"Paris! Jennie is probably in Paris," she exclaimed and ran out of the bathroom to get her phone from her bedside table. As soon as she laid her hands on it, she immediately went to call the private investor.

After a couple of rings, the call was finally answered.

"Hello Ms. Manoban, I assume you called me for updates regarding Ms. Jennie Ruby Jane Kim. Unfortunately, we still ha-"

His words were cut off when Lisa suddenly said, "I think I know where she is. Paris, I think she's in Paris." Now, she grew more optimistic about finding Jennie.

Although what happened to them was so complicated and it broke her heart so much, it didn't change her will to find the woman. After all, she already realized that she might have misunderstood things before she even remember what had happened during those days.

She even thinks that maybe, it was a blessing in disguise that she came to understand Jennie's situation first before those memories came crashing back like an avalanche. If not, she may have hated Jennie the moment she recovered those memories.

"Miss, how did you know?" Mr. Lee asked out of curiosity because they've literally been searching for that woman everywhere yet they never found any clue as to where she could have gone to.

"I remembered. I already remembered what happened back then. We-she had been planning to go to Paris since then. It's where she wanted to start a new life," Lisa answered and heaved a sigh afterward.

Paris is where they could have been together if only Hanbin and Jennie's parents weren't able to find them then. If only they left together immediately, they're probably raising the twins together now. They might even be married already and living a simple life in the city of love by now.

How wonderful could that be? Shit does happen and here they are now, away from one another. Even their last moment together was heart-wrenching.

"Alright, we'll check on Paris right away, Miss," He said and Lisa agreed. She told him some reminders and instructions before finally dropping the call.