Chapter 6 - Glass Shattering

It had been a rough and exhausting morning so far. Although it was still early, Félix had already been through a business meeting about his family's estate, and even though it was the weekend, a lot more waited for him today.

Somehow, he had managed to gain himself some freetime which he had planned to spend doing nothing but sleeping. Because of the ball and the early waking, he was desperate for a good nap more than anything. At least, he could clear his messy thoughts from every disturbing thing while sleeping.

As Félix walked past the hallways, holding papers in his arms and looking through the tasks that were waiting for him, he began to plan his day. He was quite prudent when it came to business so he always started the day with checking his daily tasks.

Just as he was turning left to his room's direction, he heard some loud giggles that immediately brought him back from his thoughts. Looking up from his notes, he noticed Marinette walking towards him with the same girl she had talked with on the ball.

Great. Just what he needed after a sleepless night. Seeing her did not help him clear his thoughts at all.

When they approached each other, he gave them a silent nod, murmuring something that sounded like a "Good Morning" and walked past them in a rush trying to avoid any unnecessary conversations.

Or at least this was his intention but just as he reached his door handle, Marinette replied to him.

"You forgot to add "Your highness" she said with a mocking grin appearing on her face.

"What?" Félix frowned, turning back to Marinette, not believing what he had just heard.

"You said good morning without adding my title" she declared, looking satisfied. "You know, while you were away, I kind of managed to learn your so-called manners." she said proudly. "Since I am the daughter of the king, you have to respect me and greet me as it is written in the etiquette." Marinette added, lifting up her nose.

Félix was surprised. He looked at her with disbelief and maybe a little.. disappointment? But why would he be disappointed? After all THIS was the Marinette he had known for his entire life and who he did not want anything from. Maybe the magic of their rejoining caught him off guard yesterday and made him believe that she had changed for the better. But now, he was sure that their "friendship" would go by as it had always gone.

He could not tell why, but he was not happy with this thought. Although, he could play this game too. At least his days in the Palace would not be so boring after all.

So, their game should continue from how they had ended it five years ago!

"My deeply apologies.." he scoffed as an answer, making a bow in front of Marinette as he added ".. Princess."

Félix knew exactly that if something, then this nickname, he had always called her, was the only thing Marinette hated with all her heart.

Seeing her delightful expression turn into anger and frustration brought Félix some kind of satisfaction. A silent grin appeared on his face as he looked down at Marinette.

"Don't call me that!" she exclaimed, her hands turning into fists.

"I see, some things never change." Félix smirked.

Marinette's irritated face could tell all of her thoughts about him right now. It somehow made him delighted. He was winning.