Chapter 30 - Fateful Encounter

*a few hours earlier*

It was a peaceful night with no clouds darkening the sky. The people of Paris already came home after hours of hard work, to have a wonderful dinner with their family and then go to sleep. Most of the houses were already dark, the lamps were turned off - only gimps of fire lighting could be seen through the windows as they did everything in the stoves to keep the family warm and safe.

Taking a glance at the city and listening to the sound of the River Seine as it made its way across Paris - everyone would think that everything was perfect.

Light breeze traveled through the streets - sending a freshening air everywhere - letting every creature know that the fall has arrived.

For an outsider, Paris at night seemed like any other capital city. They couldn't notice the illness nor the ominous shadows that were threatening the whole place. And nor the rustling noises as a certain black-dressed hero made his way up in the sky - jumping from roof to roof.

It felt like a resurrection for Chat Noir to be out in the city again. The freedom and the fact that he could be himself again after such a long time - made the stress and anxiety leave - making his whole body relax finally.

Ever since that certain, painful event happened, he couldn't make himself be the black cat hero again - no matter how much he had missed it. He loved being Chat Noir. Not only he could let his walls down and be himself for once - without anyone judging him and his actions - but he could even help others out, he could finally be part of something bigger, something more momentous than being a Prince who couldn't do anything besides attending to business meetings.

It felt so uplifting - knowing that there were people who count on him and even dared to put their own life into his hands. Because they believed in him. They loved him. The real him.

That one side of him that he had let be shown for only one person so far.

His lady.

But,
she wasn't his anymore.

The thought of seeing her - knowing she didn't want to be with him anymore - made him not go out at night and avoid the patrols as well.

But, in time he had to realize that he couldn't refuse to be Chat Noir any longer. There were more important and more serious things going on that for he had to forget his personal problems and be the hero Paris needed.

~~~

It only took a few minutes to Chat and he was already out in the city.

It felt so strange going back to his master after saying goodbye to each other weeks ago when his training had ended - meaning that he had learned about all of his abilities as Chat Noir and was completely ready to fight for their kingdom.

After an hour of jumping in the sky, he finally arrived.

Fu's place was an ancient temple near Paris. It was built on a high mountain where sometimes even snow was found during the summers. The temple had been there for ages now - made for only one reason - to protect the miraculous alongside its holders' families.